A career with EMD Serono is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Serono is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Your role :
The Senior Financial Analyst supporting Global Research & Development within Biopharma reports to the Head of R&D Functional Controlling, working within our global R&D project and function controlling teams. The position will partner with the R&D function, providing daily support to the R&D organization as well as controlling colleagues and is based at our Billerica, MA (US) R&D site.
- Support controllers with financial guidance and analysis to optimize strategic decisions both short and long-term
- Ensure budget adherence across R&D by providing financial transparency to assigned areas
- Provide monthly value-added management business performance reports to the respective teams, including detailed variance analysis
- Implement KPI’s and standard dashboards across function and project teams
- Support the annual OP/planning process, quarterly forecasting, and the year-end provision process
- Continually look to improve on internal processes and drive improvement initiatives R&D controlling and the broader finance organization
- Willingness to take on support of other tasks as necessary
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or similar
- Professional work experience (5+ years) in a similar role
- Excellent communication and presentation skills to all levels of the organization
- Strong work ethic, good organizational skills, and a collaborative spirit
- Ability to work under pressure, meeting deadlines and delivering high accuracy
- Strong system skills (SAP, Analytical tools).
- Advanced Degree
- Depth and/or breadth of expertise in pharmaceutical, biotech or life-science industries preferred
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.