A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Perform Quality Control activities in support of GMP products, including routine testing and peer review of raw materials, intermediate and final products, and stability samples. 6-12 months of training will be necessary in order to learn the specifics of the job adequately to work independently.
- Safely perform operations to meet quality expectations.
- Ensure quality through adherence to GMP requirements. Assure adequately trained to perform tasks/assignments. Perform routine assays in accordance to applicable GMP requirements, processes and/or unit operations. Clean-up equipment and working areas during and after operations.
- Complete the volume of work required to achieve group/departmental goals and meet deadlines.
- Contribute to support functions of the lab (e.g., maintain equipment, prepare reagents, restock lab supplies, waste disposal).
- Communicate the status of operations and bring deviations to the attention of supervisor.
- Provide complete and accurate records consistent with quality guidelines and GDP requirements.
- Interface across departments and participate as needed in quality audits.
- Accurately perform procedure independently.
- Identify problems and limitations of analysis.
- Review of final assays and procedures.
- Perform microbial testing USP <61>, <62>, <51>.
- Interface with external customers.
- Lab investigations through Nonconformance Reports, Out-Of-Specification, Out-of-Trend procedures.
- In compliance with change control procedures, improve processes through application of scientific knowledge, experience, and principles.
- Identify opportunities for process improvement.
- Participate in process improvements under the guidance of a Supervisor, Manager or Sr. Scientist.
- Take the immediate necessary action to resolve any unsafe conditions.
Who You Are:
- BS/BA degree in chemistry, biochemistry, biology, or related life science discipline.
- GMP experience in pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical or similar industry desired
- General laboratory techniques (theory and practice)
- Thorough knowledge of aseptic operations
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.