A career with EMD Serono is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Serono is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
The Path Forward Return to Work program at EMD Serono is a 16- week paid returnship for experienced professionals returning to the workforce after taking time off for caregiving. The program is open to women and men who have at least 5 years of professional experience and have been out of the paid workforce for at least two years to focus on caring for a child or other dependent. This role has the potential to become a full-time permanent role. If you meet these criteria, we welcome you to apply.
At EMD Serono, we are excited to be part of the Path Forward program because we appreciate the skills you can offer, the perspective you provide, and the contributions you will make. This program offers you a chance to revamp your skills, update your resume with new experience, and make connections with other women and men transitioning back to the workforce. It also offers support through Path Forward, a nonprofit organization on a mission to empower people who’ve been focused on caregiving transition back to the paid workforce.
As the Administrative Assistant you will provide high-level administrative support to Global Market Access and Pricing. This is an excellent opportunity to support high-performance teams by proactively planning for and executing on all Global Market Access and Pricing support needs; provide a high-level of administrative support with the utmost professionalism. To achieve this, you'll use advanced administrative skills, and handle personal contacts with finesse and diplomacy. You will serve as the primary point of contact for internal and external constituencies.
In this role, you'll develop broad and comprehensive experience, skills and knowledge in organizational policies, procedures and practices. You will also facilitate and coordinate projects and deadlines directly or in collaboration with others. You will work independently, and carry out large scale special assignments, with minimal supervision.
- Responsible for understanding the scope and content of ongoing programs that the team is involved in and assisting with projects where necessary while prioritizing and managing multiple projects simultaneously to ensure follow-through on issues in a timely manner.
- Responsible for calendar management, requiring interaction with senior executives and their assistants to coordinate a variety of complex executive meetings and events.
- Coordinate complex travel arrangements both international and domestic.
- Ensure deadline delivery for (e.g. team meeting agendas/minutes, periodic team reports, etc.).
- Assist with high-level PowerPoint presentation graphics and content arrangement often intended for executive management.
- Screening of routine and highly confidential responses to incoming mail, email, telephone calls and messages.
- Track external vendor/consultant contracts/billing/payment for the VPs and route documents through internal process and obtain necessary signatures in a timely and efficient manner.
Who You Are:
- Must have at least 5 years of professional experience and have been out of the paid workforce for at least two years to focus on caring for a child or other dependent.
- 8+ plus years of related professional experience supporting senior-level management, preferably within global organizations.
- High School Diploma.
- High Proficiency with Microsoft Office software (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Must have ability to prioritize workload and multi-task.
- Must be able to work independently, as well as partnering and team collaboration with other administrative assistants reporting to senior executives.
- Discretion, judgment, tact and diplomacy is a must.
- Must have superior customer service skills with the ability to network effectively.
- Attention to detail and follow-through a must
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Applications software such as travel and expense management, scheduling, budgetary control preferred.
- Experience planning and coordinating large scale events/project management responsibilities is highly desirable.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communications skills.
- Ability to multi-task and to be flexible to work assignments.
- Strong organizational skills.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.