A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our around 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
A Field Applications Specialist (FAS) for Advanced Analytical acts as the technical specialist to support achieve the sales targets and grow the assigned portfolio in all commercial segments. In consultation with his/her manager and colleagues in marketing and sales teams, the FAS will implement marketing and sales initiatives for the assigned portfolio, provide technical support to field sales and inside sales teams and their customers and provide training to the customer and technical service, marketing and sales teams.
· Act as the field technical sales specialist
· Support the implementation of the marketing strategy, plan and campaigns to achieve the efficient and effective marketing of their portfolio.
· Monitor sales targets and performance versus target on a monthly basis for each Product Group in their portfolio and report to Manager and key stakeholders
· Input relevant customer visit information to the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) System (CRM) or capture data for transfer at later date
· Attend company/ department / team meetings, exhibitions, seminars, sales conferences and training courses as required or requested
· Maintain company equipment and have a due regard for the security of all items and assets, including car, laptop computer, mobile phone, sample stock and literature etc.
· Be accurate and punctual in matters of administration of business, including personal expenses as per company guidelines.
· Continually seek new ways of improving the services which we currently offer to our customers and distributors.
· Constantly focus on growing the business through relationship building and customer satisfaction with existing customers and developing new relationship through providing solutions to customer
· Manage relationships with key customers and key opinion leaders in field
· Develop and maintain a good working relationship with all employees, particularly Marketing team and Sales team.
· Conduct product demonstrations for customers or internal colleagues
· Provide training for internal customer service/ tech support and sales teams as required.
· Provide customer training as required
· Develop relationships with all distributors and customers.
· Attend seminars and conferences as required.
· Establish and maintain a level of product and competitor knowledge sufficient to provide excellent service to external and internal customers and to enable communication on a professional basis with all business contacts.
· At all times, maintain an acceptable and professional standard of appearance and demeanour and act as an ambassador for the company.
· Share business opportunities with other stakeholder including regional and global colleagues
· Maintain product, market and industry knowledge and keep abreast of new technologies and developments in the field including competitors’ activities.
· Attend training and development opportunities, on-line, in local country or overseas.
Key Selection Criteria
· Must have a tertiary qualification within a scientific or related field to a level of PhD or Masters degree
· Field Marketing and/ or sales experience, in a scientific or related field would be preferred.
· Must have knowledge of scientific processes, products and customers .
· Must have commercial acumen and market awareness.
· Excellent interpersonal skills, with both written and verbal communications and negotiation skills.
· Excellent planning, organising and time management skills.
· Desire to find appropriate solutions for customers.
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
· Must demonstrate the comany values of Courage, Achievement, Responsibility, Respect, Integrity and Transparency.
· Must be self-motivated and energetic.
· Must be sociable, friendly and approachable yet firm.
· Must be committed to OH&S to ensure protection of health and safety in the workplace.
· Must be willing to travel in country or overseas y
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com