A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
At MilliporeSigma the QC Scientist performs general conformance testing of bioactive small molecules according to established methods. In addition, the QC Scientist develops new analytical protocols and provides technical support to other personnel and departments.
Working in a QC laboratory, you will be:
- Conducting conformance testing for designated raw materials, work-in-process products and finished goods.
- Developing methods for standard QC instruments such as HPLC, UPLC, GC, MS and FTIR.
- Performing calibration verification of critical lab equipment.
- Assisting in making and recording pass/fail decisions on materials. Documenting results in SAP.
- Maintaining appropriate records for lab and maintenance work.
- Following established procedures for QC lab operation. Developing new protocols and procedures as required.
- Providing technical support to other QC scientists and to other departments such as Tech Services as needed.
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry or other related Science discipline and 3+ years’ experience in an analytical or chemistry laboratory setting or Master’s degree in Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry or other related Science discipline.
- 3+ years’ industrial laboratory experience preferred
- Experience in SAP
- HPLC, Mass Spectrometry instrumentation experience
- Ability to write reports and protocols
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.