Work Location: Sheboygan Falls(SIAL) Sheboygan Falls, Wisconsin
Shift: Day Job
Department: LS-OIY-43 Inventory Control
This information is for internals only. Please do not share outside of the organization.
Monitor and direct the activities of department personnel to ensure productivity, accuracy, service, and safety functions related to material receipt, transport, storage and control. This involves training, mentoring, and motivating employees, and assigning tasks based on individual skill sets to maintain timely, accurate flow of work through the department.
You will be supervising 11+ employees on multiple shifts.
Supervising also includes analysis of departmental work to establish benchmarks of performance, monitor trends, identify areas of concern and opportunities for improving systems and procedures.
● Maintain a timely accurate flow of work through the department.
● Identify critical tasks and prioritize work.
● Distribute workload among available resources.
● Monitor throughput and reorganize priorities and resources as required.
● Train, mentor and motivate employees.
● Assist employees in establishing priorities and methods, and coordinating tasks to meet goals.
● Schedule crosstraining to assist with employee development and facilitate delegation of tasks.
● Maintains a safe work environment ensuring safety policies and procedures are followed.
● Identify and pursue process improvements to improve inventory accuracy.
● Identify, interpret, and provide statistics useful for measuring accuracy and improvement.
● Understand and apply PDSA process improvement techniques.
● Test and implement new methods or procedures to correct and prevent inventory inaccuracy.
● Measure and report results of process improvements.
● Establish benchmarks and evaluate employee performance.
● Monitor and maintain departmental capacity plan.
● Develop performance improvement, crosstraining and new employee orientation programs.
● Responsible for cycle counting and reporting for bulk and supply warehouses as well as production areas
● Ensures compliance with various elements of SarbanesOxley legislation and helps to maintain segregation of duties to maintain compliance locally
● Performs and monitors inventory writeoffs, issuing corrective actions when necessary to help minimize writeoff amounts
● Identifies, via data analysis, systemic root causes leading to inventory losses. Pulls together crossfunctional teams to address and solve these issues.
● Monitors materials, companywide, placed into a blocked status, ensuring that action is taken to move the inventory into a usable category
- Bachelor's degree in Operations, Logistics, Sciences or Business
- 3+ years supervisory experience
- Demonstrated experience leading, training, and motivating people
- Experience of PDSA improvement processes
- Ability to run multi shift operation and IC oversight for the site
- CPIM and SAP experience
- Strong communication and analytical skills
- Project management and strategic reporting experience
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.