A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our around 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Position: Global Sourcing Manager, Fine Chemical - Performance Materials
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Reporting to Global Associate Director of Fine Chemical & Resin Sourcing, he/she will be responsible for leading the global procurement activities of fine chemicals. The responsibilities include development of the sourcing strategy, global contracts, business continuity planning, and supplier management. He/she is also expected to interface with all stakeholders to understand challenges and work on solutions to support the fast-growing business in Electronic Industry. Additionally, he/she will also take care of ERM sourcing topics in Japan on top of the fine chemical sourcing.
- Global negotiation of price and contract with the most favorable terms & conditions.
- Provide forecasts to suppliers
- Communicate with suppliers on various sourcing issues related to the materials in global.
- Coordinate with suppliers on non-conforming material and work with Quality counterparts to track/update progress on corrective actions in global.
- Facilitate and participate in Quality Audits of existing and new suppliers.
- Implement supplier management/evaluation/assessment.
- Develop and maintain strong and successful relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Participate in regular calls as required, to update stakeholders on the status.
- Communicate and support the sourcing team members in other countries.
- Continually identify new opportunities for Cost Savings and Cost Avoidance and proactively tracks progress toward these objectives.
- Enhance Supply Security and avoid potential supply interruptions through continuous dialogue with suppliers from global perspective.
- Participate in projects as required by the business.
Recommended Education/Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or above.
- At least 5 year working experience in direct materials sourcing or ERM-related sourcing.
- Having enough knowledge in semiconductor, display or chemical industries.
- Experienced in strategic sourcing, commercial negotiation, cost analysis, and supplier management.
- Good communication within internal and external organizations for multi-national collaboration.
- Education in Chemistry/Chemical Engineering/Science and Technology is a plus.
- Native level in Japanese and fluent in English.
- Team player and familiar with global collaboration. Always looking to share and advance best practices.
- Resilience in dealing with unexpected issues and urgent matters. High degree of self-reliance required in a fast paced and dynamic work environment.
- Good reporting and presentation skills. Strong in numeric analysis and strategic planning.
- Having Legal, IP and international trading experience/education will be a plus.
- Cost sensitive and strategic.
- Ability to travel and experience working in a global environment
Recruiting contact: Fang Liu
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com