A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our around 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
This position provides an excellent opportunity to take on sub-regional and multiple responsibilities on a wide variety of projects.
- Provide legal and commercial transaction support for businesses in Philippines and Thailand.
- Draft, review, negotiate and advise on a wide variety of corporate and commercial agreements for the provision and procurement of products and services, distribution arrangements, warehouse and logistics agreements, confidentiality agreements, information systems agreements, business development agreements and the like for all business divisions.
- Work closely with managing directors and compliance colleagues on compliance topics.
- Provide support and advice on HR matters, commercial and medical activities and projects as well as reviewing promotional materials.
- Provide support and advice on competition law and data privacy to ensure compliance on a day-to-day basis.
- Provide support and advice on marketing and promotion of healthcare and pharmaceutical products.
- Provide support and advice for Merck shared service center, including advising on compliance with Philippine Economic Zone Authority licenses and regulations.
- Liaise with government authorities.
- Support contract negotiations, risk assessments and advise on special projects undertaken by the business.
- Support corporate integration and corporate governance projects through external counsel.
- Instruct and manage outside legal counsel as and when required.
- Provide trainings for in-house business teams on legal topics and processes, as well as developing local and regional templates to facilitate work efficiencies.
- Undertake duties as and when assigned by the Head of Legal SEA or the Regional General Counsel APAC, China & Japan.
- Occasional travel required.
Who you are:
- Excellent legal qualification from a reputable university.
- Fluent spoken and written English.
- Must be admitted to the bar.
- Minimum 5-7 years of relevant legal experience gained at a reputable law firm and/or multinational corporate.
- Pharmaceutical / healthcare industry experience would be an advantage.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com