A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our around 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Project Manager – End to End Solutions
Process Solution Business Unit is searching for its End to End promise venture a Project Manager who motivates and inspires others; leads change, has strong business acumen, customer focus, and drives for results to efficiently and effectively bring great customer experience and new sales to the organization. As a Project Manager, you will be working as part of a team in the Global Project Management Organization for End to End Solutions. The position will be based in China at our Shanghai facility.
Perform project manager tasks for client studies being performed within Biodevelopment service.
Your Role: This position will report to the Senior Project Manager. The Project Manager is responsible for the work for a number of clients; each of which may have one or more projects. The Project manager is responsible for establishing and directing the project teams involved in work for their clients.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Establishes the schedule of each project to ensure timely completion of the project. Communicates effectively with all involved in the project so that all relevant scheduling information is shared. This includes critical path analysis for multi-assay projects and includes providing prioritization the Operations planning meetings.
- Maintains a project repository for each designated account so that everyone involved in the project can be aware of milestones and background information.
- Responsible for hosting internal reviews of the project and should work with other stakeholders in the project to drive reviews with the client if appropriate.
- Must adhere to the principles of Good Laboratory Practice and Good Manufacturing Practice as it relates to submission documentation.
- Utilizes problem solving skills and may rely on lead/manager for additional support
- Receives basic instruction for routine tasks and specific instructions for new tasks.
- Adheres to applicable safety SOPs and follows applicable safe work practices.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Manage multiple projects concurrently through utilization of project management best practices to ensure customer, time, quality, and cost requirements are met.
- Work independently with considerable latitude to establish priorities, activities, and specific direction given to the project team toward meeting project completion dates.
- Define and assign roles, responsibilities, and accountabilities to support assigned projects. Initiate and maintain overall project documentation.
- Work within processes and champion these processes within the organization.
- Through collaboration with project team identify project risks, including probability and impact, and develop mitigation and contingency plans to minimize risk impact throughout the project lifecycle.
- Manage project scope, project specifications, and change control process.
- Actively participates and supports the development / build of the global End to End Project Management Organization
- Promotes a climate of positive employee relations by fostering two-way communication and by resolving employee issues in a timely manner
Who You Are:
- B.S. or M.S in the Life Sciences is preferred.
- 2 or more years in a pharmaceutical company and/or CRO/CMO/CTO; Lab and/or QA experience is acceptable.
- Experience managing client-facing projects is a plus.
- Solid information management (physical and virtual) skills.
- Proven project/program management skills (e.g., resource planning, schedule management, critical path planning, project team communication, and risk mitigation).
- Experience demonstrating good verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent information management skills
- Good communication with complex information and priorities
- Ability to exercise good judgment
- Problem solving skills
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com