A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
The Associate Scientist III (ASIII) will perform safety testing required to manufacture clinical and commercial products. The ASIII is required to make scientific observations, maintain detailed workbooks/ documentation and ensure all documentation fulfills generally accepted professional/industry standards. Requirements also include maintaining a thorough understanding of BioReliance services, technical principles and applications. The ASIII will play a critical role in performing assay transfer, pre-validation, as well as validation activities.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Conducts assigned testing with minimal supervision within constraints of lab scheduling
- Performs testing in accordance with SOPs and regulations (cGMP and GLP)
- Maintains complete and comprehensive records for study integrity
- Makes detailed observations and documents results
- Demonstrates a consistently high level of quality of work
- Operates and maintains lab equipment as required by SOPs and testing procedures
- Performs peer review of assay batch/lab records to ensure Right First Time (RFT)
- Utilizes applicable computer programs during testing and routine tasks (i.e. Word, Excel, Oracle, LIMS, BRIQS, etc.)
- Utilizes problem solving/ trouble shooting skills
- Communicates deviations/ events, progress and interim results to Study Management
- Performs lab work related to assay transfers and/or feasibility testing along with validation activities for all proposal-based work
- Ensures they have a thorough understanding of the project deliverables and timelines
- Acts as project lead and troubleshoots assay transfer and development/feasibility work
- Leads protocol batch record. SOP and report writing activities as and when required
- Leads part number generation process for assigned projects
- Informs supervisor of deviations or factors that may affect quality and accuracy of data
- Contributes to the completion of event records
- Maintains a working knowledge of lab procedures and assays
- Creates/ revises SOPs, laboratory records and other related documentation as assigned
- Performs training of laboratory personnel as needed/assigned
- Contribute ideas and suggestions to improve standard laboratory techniques, improve protocols, processes and equipment
- May serve as a team lead
- Complies with company health and safety regulations and procedures
Who You Are:
- Master’s degree in a scientific discipline (i.e. Biology, Biochemistry, etc.) with 1+ years’ work experience in a laboratory setting– OR – Bachelor’s degree in a scientific discipline (i.e. Biology, Biochemistry, etc.) with 3+ years work experience in a laboratory setting – OR Associates degree in a scientific discipline (i.e. Biology, Biochemistry, etc.) with 6+ years work experience in a laboratory setting
- PhD in a scientific discipline (i.e. Biology, Biochemistry, etc.)
- Experience with relevant laboratory practices, techniques, equipment, materials and mathematical calculations
- Intermediate skills in applicable computer programs
- Excellent oral and written communication skills that have been demonstrated through presentations/seminar, oversight of projects, etc.
- Ability to work well independently and in a team-based environment
- Demonstrate a high level of initiative and leadership capabilities
- Highly, technically competent
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.