A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
As a Senior Embedded Engineer, you are responsible for the Acoustic Controller Module firmware and the Fluid Handling Unit microcontroller code. You will work with both internal resources and the team’s external development partners to ensure appropriate product performance and quality conformance of our software.
- Design, code, test and debug firmware and low-level drivers for embedded devices and systems from the requirements stage to production
- Conduct code reviews, create and maintain requirements and specification documents
- Provide technical leadership for product design, development, integration, testing and reliability improvements
- Support other software development areas including GUI development, algorithm development, alarm handling, etc.
Who you are:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Electrical or Computer Engineering
- 7+ years of experience in hands-on development and troubleshooting on embedded targets
- Solid programming experience in C/C++ in a RTOS utilizing threading, concurrency, event/message and interrupt constructs
- Experience with STM32 and Intel’s NIOS II SBT for Eclipse and Quartus Prime
- Experience with engineering design, simulation, automation, and analysis tools like LabVIEW and MATLAB / Simulink
- Experience with communications protocols such as TCP/IP, I2C, UART, SPI, JTAG, Modbus
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.