Work Location: 400 Summit Dr Springfield, Massachusetts
Shift: Day Job
Department: LS-PNT-A4 Cell Therapy Processing Dev En
This information is for internals only. Please do not share outside of the organization.
The Cell Therapy Processing team is developing novel technologies to enable cell and gene therapy processes. The technologies comprise of patented acousto-fluidics platforms to manipulate cell processes, such as concentration, washing, differentiation, sorting, and culturing.
You are a broadly trained life sciences scientist with hands-on experience in molecular biology, cell culture and analysis and an interest in applying your knowledge to the new class of acoustic cell processing tools. You will be performing all aspects of mammalian cell culture (thawing, expanding, freezing) while helping with acousto-fluidic affinity experiments with a focus on protein and nucleic acid binding ligands characterization (e.g. antibodies and aptamers). You will also contribute with SOP writing and lab management duties that will enable the team to maintain a fast and steady flow of experiments.
Who you are:
- Bachelor's degree in Bioprocess, Biochemical or Biomedical engineering, Biochemistry or equivalent
- Experience with cell culture, preferably PBMCs and T cells
- Experience with cell immunolabeling and Flow Cytometry and imaging analysis
- Experience with protein and/or nucleic acid conjugation techniques
- Experience with cloning DNA fragments into plasmid vectors, DNA sequence analysis and general molecular biology techniques
- Experience with antibodies and aptamers
- Working knowledge of data analysis software
- Well-organized with capability to manage a life sciences lab
- Self-motivated and willing to accept temporary responsibilities outside of initial job description
- Strong communication and teaming skills
- Master's degree in Bioprocess, Biochemical or Biomedical engineering, Biochemistry or equivalent
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.