A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Supervise a group’s personnel and resources for support of the manufacturing of chemicals. Stains and Dyes, Production 5, Night Shift on 24/7. Develop subordinates knowledge and skills to improve performance and expand abilities. Coordinate the group’s efforts to assist meeting department and company objectives. Ensure subordinates are trained for the tasks and procedures assigned and have access to proper equipment. Provide guidance, additional training and development opportunities. Organize the group’s efforts and oversee production processes. Schedule tasks and processes to meet department and company objectives. Ensure resources are available when needed, which may include production of more difficult products and/or procedures. Identify, evaluate, implement PDSA’s, and support the company’s 5S system. Report incidents assist in investigating causes and follow up with appropriate actions. Total number of employees supervised 4-8.
- Is frequently required to wear appropriate protective gear, (hard hats, glasses/goggles, chemical resistant suits, gloves, safety shoes) and other personal protection equipment “PPE” to protect themselves from toxic or corrosive chemicals in the forms of liquids, solids, vapors or airborne particles.
- Employee must view computer monitors for long periods of time.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, reach above the shoulder, stoop, kneel, twist, crouch or crawl for long periods of time.
- The employee must be able to speak, hear and smell.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds unassisted and ability to push and pull heavy materials to complete assignment.
- The employee may be required to lift more poundage with assistance.
- Specific vision requirements of this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- Regularly uses phones, computers, computer monitors and all office/laboratory equipment.
- The employee is also required to type at a computer keyboard and have the
ability to read CRTs/computer monitors.
Shift: 24/7, 18.104.22.168 Rotating 12 hour PM - 6:00 PM - 6:30 AM, 3 days off every other weekend
Who You Are:
- B.S. in chemistry, chemical engineering, biochemistry, biology or other scientific discipline is required.
- In the absence of a formal scientific degree, equivalent operational experience and/or business relevant education or degree may be considered.
- 3+ years manufacturing production or R&D experience.
- 2+ years of experience working with quality systems and requirements (i.e. ISO standards, semiconductor practices, GMP, etc.)
- 2+ years of experience working with Safety, Environmental, and Regulatory compliance along with equipment maintenance.
- M.S. or PhD in chemistry/chemical engineering and/or an MBA is desirable.
- 2+ years supervisory experience. Demonstrated experience leading, training and/or motivating people.
- Strong leadership skills: Motivate employees and coordinate employee activities, as well as deal with any disciplinary issues that may arise
- Strong communication skills: Engage their employees and work with management to make sure the job gets done; able to clearly explain what needs to be done will be necessary
- Communicate well with all levels of the organization and across functional groups
- Excellent problem-solving & Analytical skills: Able to analyze different information and make decisions based on needs, priorities, changing business conditions and budgetary constraints
- Attention to detail: Quality control & making sure cleaning, upkeep and safety standards are maintained, or efficiencies are realized and self-starter
- Excellent project management skills
- Project management, planning and scheduling experience a plus. SAP experience preferred.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.