A career with EMD Serono is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Serono is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Operating at a senior level within the company reporting to the Vice President of Strategic Marketing, the job holder will provide in-depth and comprehensive business guidance regarding marketing and business development for the company’s proprietary products and services, and will act as the strategic lead for devices, patient communication and key marketing initiatives within the global Rebif marketing team.
- Assume ultimate commercial accountability for portfolio of existing Rebif devices and related services worldwide
- Lead the commercial development and launch of future versions of Rebif devices & services, including RebiSmart and adveva
- Articulate the value proposition of Rebif devices as they relate to all key stakeholders and optimize device-related messaging, ensuring global alignment in all internal and external communications
- Act as the primary franchise contact with key internal functions and global project teams (Medical, Tech Ops, IT, Regulatory, R&D) on all device-related issues.
- Ensure effective implementation of all device-related initiatives by key our affiliates, including capturing and addressing issues / challenges arising in the field.
- In collaboration with other stakeholders, ensure appropriate training (and retraining as necessary) of internal colleagues on all Rebif devices
- Ensure effective alignment and coordination between global device & service initiatives and local patient support programs
- Regularly track key metrics related to Rebif devices (customer perceptions, device performance /complaints, impact of devices on sales and share, persistence and drop-out rates)
- Drive global initiatives aimed at compliantly educating patients about the Rebif value proposition & service offering
- Develop innovative global digital initiatives using proprietary and third-party channels including Social Media
- Work closely with internal stakeholders to ensure commercial & medical alignment of key patient initiatives
Other Marketing Initiatives
- Support key marketing initiatives across the N&I franchise as needed, including but not limited to international congress management, competitor readiness strategy and annual brand planning
- Work with multiple outside agencies while managing operating budget to plan
- 20% travel (on average, one overseas trip per month)
Who you are:
- BS a minimum
- MBA or similar Master’s degree preferred
- 10 years’ experience in healthcare professional and patient/consumer marketing
- Solid track record in specialty pharmaceutical markets, ideally within Multiple Sclerosis
- Good understanding of product management including medical devices and medical software
- Expertise in developing and executing global brand and launch plans
- Demonstrated savvy managing vendors and contractors
- Strong understanding of market research and analysis
- Ability to work effectively across the company with multiple stakeholders
- Ability to operate successfully in a highly regulated environment
- Knowledge and application of data sources, reports and tools to measure impact of strategies
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
- Ability to present to small and large groups and deal with unexpected questions and challenges
- High integrity and exceptional work ethic with ability to foster mutual trust and respect.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.