A career with EMD Serono is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Serono is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
The Strategic Science & Academic Innovation Manager works on initiatives to fully leverage the power of open innovation for drug discovery. This fascinating task involves set-up and management of collaborations with academic research partners, identification of future game changing technologies, initiation and management of corresponding pilot studies, planning and organization of scientific conferences and events with young talents and entrepreneurs, global calls for research proposals, management of research grants, crowd sourcing, scientific competitions, as well as workshops and advisory board sessions with top scientists and key opinion leaders.
A particular focus of the role will be to maintain and further grow a productive innovation network with partners in mid and east U.S. with a special emphasis of the Boston innovation ecosystem. You join a dynamic global team and work hand in hand with your internal interface partners as well as external agencies, consultants and service providers.
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree with 8+ years of experience, master’s degree with 3+ years of experience, or PhD degree in biology, chemistry, pharmaceuticals, or related field
- Science or medical degree with demonstrated business acumen preferred
- PhD degree is preferred
- Solid understanding of drug discovery and development plus associated regulatory, health economic and commercial/marketing aspects
- Experience in interaction with academic and corporate partners
- Experience in business development and licensing
- Established network of contacts in key academic institutions
- Experience in alliance management
- Strong communication skills across cultures and continents
- Excellent organizational skills
- Innovative spirit, ability to think outside the box
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.