A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our around 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
The Delivery Manager for the SAP MM-IM area leads the Inventory Management processes and the team located in Bangalore. He is responsible for Inventory Management topics to provide state of the art services and solutions as required. This includes the implementation of appropriate systems enhancements following established processes to meet customer requirements. The Delivery Manager will interact with our Business facing organization to plan, prepare, execute and monitor projects as well as individual Change Requests. This will be done by leveraging the functional and technical skills provided by the team in Bangalore.
This role requires expert knowledge of SAP MM-IM and the adjacent modules combined with a deep understanding of associated P2P (Procure to Pay) business processes integrated with ERP systems. He/she should lead the interaction with the business partners and process architects to find suitable and sustainable solutions meeting customer demand.
Vendor Performance Monitoring of the Application Managed Services provided by our strategic partners belongs to the role including periodic service reporting and annual reviews.
At Merck Inventory Management is connected to all relevant ERP systems to centrally create, change, and distribute, or to consolidate master data across the complete enterprise system landscape. The integration of all those components and the participation in architecture design decisions is also part of this position.
Accountable for customer satisfaction through proper solution design delivery, applications life cycle management and service performance monitoring while maintaining necessary internal (process, security) and external (GxP, GDPR, license) compliance.
Responsible for minimal business disruption on application go live based on proper design and formal project hand-over process.
Operational Vendor Management & Reporting
- Manage vendor service performance against processes
- Accountable for the vendor service improvement plans as per identified gaps and/or defined requirements
- Accountable for timely input to periodic performance report and annual service reviews
Change and Release Management
- Establish proper documentation of current and target application architecture (incl. CMDB)
- Monitor the execution of the Life Cycle Mgmt plan for applications in scope
- Accountable for the adherence to Change Management processes in line with relevant SOPs
- Accountable for complete and accurate handover documents created prior to production release
- Accountable for the application portfolio life cycle
- Secure team member appointment and delivery of technical design for applications/solutions in portfolio
- Maintain the development standard and guidelines
- Lead the resolution of critical or complex incidents including related crisis management when appropriate
- Coordinate communication and coordination with the relevant stakeholders (infrastructure, GIAM team, business key users, etc.)
- Lead master plan and priorities toward ticket elimination and automation
- Proactively suggest possible solutions and propose an action plan for improvement to management
- Master degree or equivalent in Computer Sciences and/or Business Administration
- 10-year experience in software or applications services
- 5-year experience within an international environment
- English mandatory (written and spoken)
- An additional language (German, Spanish or Portuguese) is an asset
Skills & Competencies
- Management experience in an international environment
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Willingness to travel
- Ability to make difficult decisions and act autonomously
- Integration skills regarding the use of functionality within SAP MM-IM
- Expert knowledge in Inventory management with all sub areas
- Expert knowledge in Batch management
- Expert knowledge in Output determination
- Good knowledge in Purchasing
- Good knowledge in MRP/ Demand management
- Good knowledge in GBT
- Good knowledge in EDI
- Good knowledge in ABAP - debugging
- Basic knowledge in Archiving
IT Process roles (optional)
- Operational Vendor Management & Reporting
- Change and Release Management
- Project Delivery and Service Introduction
- Application Life Cycle Management
- Disaster Recovery Planning and Testing
- Information Security – Patch Management, Information classification
- Operational Compliance – DP, GxP (user management), licenses management, training plan and execution, FSA – error management of iDocs, BI session, transaction error
- Incident Management
- Problem Management
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com