A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our around 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
The successful candidate will interact with our R&D, business, legal and patents teams providing counsel on IP matters identifying opportunities, risks and solutions to support the company’s business goals – requiring a solid knowledge about and good understanding of understanding of our businesses. You will have an active role in patent portfolio management through drafting, filing, prosecuting and defending patents. As a member of the global patent organization, you will also have opportunities to work on agreements and licenses, including negotiations. Some travel (domestic and/or international) may be required to support businesses on site.
Who You Are:
- Minimum 3 years of patent law experience, especially in drafting and prosecuting of chemical or pharmaceutical cases.
- Fluency in English required, German or other language skills are advantageous.
- Ability to take initiative to complete tasks and manage risks.
- Curious to solve business challenges with IP tools
- Skilled at effective time management.
- Outstanding attention to detail.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Qualified or aiming to be qualified as European Patent Attorney, preferably also qualified as German Patent Attorney or other Law degree.
- Minimum of a master / diploma degree in a relevant scientific area (e.g., chemistry, biochemistry). Advanced degree and/or experience in research and development a plus.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com