A career with EMD Performance Materials is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Performance Materials is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Your Role: As a Marketing Manager Industrials, you will be responsible of executing the marketing strategy for our industrial business: pigments for plastics, printing, and technical functionals for industrial applications. You will drive strategic projects in which you define and implement marketing strategies and campaigns. You will also define business and project plans to launch and position new and existing products, mainly in the plastics and printing markets. You will strategically develop our business in defined, targeted market segments, with a strong focus on analyzing the market and competitive landscape, deriving action plans and implementing them in order to drive profitable growth and extend our market coverage.
You will be responsible for:
- Regionalization and execution of marketing plans and initiatives specific to North American customers
- Local product launches
- Develop strategy to increase our market share and penetration in targeted segments
- Develop concepts and color trends
- Develop, implement, execute and follow up on marketing strategies to increase our participation in the market
- Generate market intelligence of market trends and competition, market and competition analysis
- Work closely with technical areas to provide solutions to customers
- Pre- and post-launch supervision of strategic product line
- Develop and implement marketing & communication tools
- Be a key opinion leader at industry events
- Training & support of the sales team
- Create concepts for trade shows, innovation days, customer events
Who you are: You are entrepreneurial, an innovative thinker, proactive and have coatings industry knowledge.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business or related field
- Understanding of coatings industry and science
- 5+ years professional experience in the coatings and automotive industry
- Ability to think out of the box and to bring in individual creativity
- Willingness to travel > 40%
- Strong project management skills
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.