A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our around 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
As a VAT Team Lead in our Service Center you are responsible for managing and guiding employees of the VAT Tax Compliance team WRO. You ensure delivery of overall transactional Tax Compliance, Advisory services in accordance with defined Service Level-Agreements and the adherence of local VAT articles. In your role you will be responsible for the indirect tax compliance activity in the countries across the European Union. The role will provide enhanced opportunities to ensure that indirect tax return filings are up to date, improve the overall consistency and control the related indirect tax compliance processes and risks, and mitigate any potential indirect tax difficulties or failures. You will also be responsible for ensuring information and documentation is appropriately available when indirect tax audits arise and leading the defense of such audits. You will manage and supervise indirect tax compliance including but not limited to Supervision of ITX Reporting (VAT Returns, ESC-Lists, Intrastat and other ITX- Reporting Obligations),providing advice on VAT reporting and invoicing requirements, monitoring VAT rates and other legal changes etc. and communicate those efficiently to concerned parties, monitoring and address local risks related to indirect taxes. You will be responsible for supervising of external Advisory Support and local Tax Audits. You will Lead and / or support of ERP related projects with significant influence on tax reporting quality (e.g. quality of data source or review or implementation of TAX determination functions in SD or One Source)
Who you are:
- Preferably academic degree in Business Administration or related fields
- At least 5-10 years of experience in the field of finance and taxation in an international environment
- Professional tax qualification
- Knowledge of tax compliance, as well as Intrastat & ECS List reporting
- ERP (SAP R3 and S4 HANA) analyst experience in reviewing individual transactions and reports. Ability to determine the suitability of existing systems and their configuration for the needs of the ITX return processes
- Experience with ERP (SAP) Tax determination process and / or with other Tax Engines
- Experience working in a Shared Service organization, preferably with indirect tax means experience with definition and implementation of Standards regarding the way of work and of the communication with the customer = “Template-Development-experience”.
- Fluent in English (written and spoken)
- A strong team player and a good understanding of governance and processes.
- Ability to develop a team in its structure with a strong focus on long term training and education of the team members
- Proven leadership capabilities, previoous experience in managing a team
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com