A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our around 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Job title: Strategic Marketing Manager - Neurology and Endocrinology
Role description: Provide the strategic marketing direction for Neurology & Endocrinology Life Cycle Management, including long term view (>12 months) for existing Neurology products, short and long term for Endocrinology products including pipeline Neurology and Endocrinology products in clinical development to achieve profit objectives.
+ Job requirements
- Be actively involved in the recruitment, development and training of direct reports
- Coach and counsel all direct reports in an appropriate and timely manner
- Conduct and record regular half yearly and annual performance reviews as well as personal/career discussions with all direct reports in line with the Merck’s Performance management Process
- Ensure all direct reports work within both the company policies and Industry guidelines and apply the Merck Healthcare values in their daily activities
- Develop and align with the Business Unit Director on long term (>12 months) marketing strategies for current and pipeline Neurology products within the Neurology Products portfolio, with detailed specific objectives and targets.
- Develop and align with the Business Unit Director marketing strategies for Saizen, within the Endocrinology Product portfolio, with detailed specific objectives and targets.
- Prepare and implement long term (>12 months) Neurology marketing plans and all Endocrinology Marketing plans in conjunction with Marketing, Sales and Cross Functional teams.
- Implement approved marketing strategies for Endocrinology and long term (>12 months) strategies for Neurology, reporting on a regular basis to the Business Unit Director as to their effectiveness as measured against key criteria
- Ensure all marketing activities comply with Merck procedures and ethical standards and are cost-effective and executed within the defined budget.
- Support the maintenance of key account customers through promotion efforts and by undertaking assigned special projects in respect of key account customers
- Product development and life cycle management activities
- Liaise with Business Unit Director providing strategic direction
- Work closely with the Business Unit Director and present a united direction to the national sales team.
- Maintaining relationship with regional office and with corporate on strategic direction of portfolios.
- Conduct pre-marketing activities prior to product launch of pipeline products, often in clinical research phases, to determine Merck positioning in the market and set marketing goals and objectives
- Contribute to the annual Forecast in collaboration with the Marketing Manager – Neurology, Business Unit Director, Finance Director, Sales and Operations (inc. Business Analyst).
- Review SFOR and submit to Finance in accordance with schedule
- Continuously develop expertise in the Biotech & Devices Products Area, incl. Product expertise, Medical Trends, Competitor Activities and Industry Environment.
- Assess the effectiveness of marketing activities/programs in the field
- Develop and drive long term (>12 months) marketing strategies for current Neurology products and 5 year forecast for all new products in the Neurology pipeline with clear objectives, milestones, return on investment and targets.
- Coordinate and manage supplier relationships (e.g. Data providers and partner companies)
- Work collaboratively with the Marketing Manager – Neurology, to provide input into activities focused on the Neurology portfolio (>12 months)
- Develop and drive marketing strategies for Saizen and 5 year forecast for all new products in the Endocrinology pipeline with clear objectives, milestones, return on investment and targets.
- Coordinate and manage supplier relationships (e.g. Ad Agency, Data providers and partner companies)
- Assist the Business Unit Director and the Key Account & National Account Managers with the implementation of the marketing plans, via providing advice, clarification, materials in accordance with agreed schedule, and accompanying them on customer visits
- Evaluate the effectiveness of promotion and advertising programs and make improvements or changes where necessary, in conjunction with the Business Unit Director
- Analyze sales data with the support of the Business Analyst and provide updates to the Business Unit Director & Managing Director- Oceania as required on progress & effectiveness and work with Business Unit Director on sales report.
- Actively participate in the Performance Management Process and Personal Development plan
- Work within company Standard Operating Procedures, industry guidelines (Medicines Australia & RMI) and apply our Values and Code of Conduct in daily duties activities.
- Perform other functions and duties that may be assigned.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com