A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
The Quality Assurance Manager (also referred to as that Site Quality Head) is responsible for managing and overseeing the Quality Assurance Department, which includes the following: Document Control, CAPA Program, Data Integrity, Procedure and Policy Implementation, and Internal Audits, Product Release, Technical Service, Supplier Quality, Management of Change, Validation, and Calibration. The position is responsible for implementing and maintenance of the quality management system to ensure compliance to ISO 9001, ISO 17025, ISO 17034, and ISO 17043. The Quality Assurance Manager will work closely with Director of Quality (Round Rock), Site Director, Production, Quality Control, Product Managers, Sales and Service, and LS-QA teams, to support Quality System compliance and customer needs. This employee will lead and sponsor improvement initiatives and goals as directed by Site Director and Director of Quality.
The Laramie site manufactures high quality quantitative chemical reference standards for clinical, forensic/toxicology, pharmaceuticals, health, and environmental applications. The Quality Assurance Department is responsible for the following: Document Control, CAPA Program, Data Integrity, Procedure and Policy Implementation, and Internal Audits, Product Release, Technical Service, Supplier Quality, Management of Change, Validation, and Calibration.
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry or related Life Science discipline OR 4+ years’ experience in a Quality Assurance or Quality Control role in a GMP regulated environment
- 3+ years of experience in a supervisory role
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to interact and work well with other team members.
- Strong technical knowledge base and the ability to comprehend and communicate basic technical concepts.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently.
- Able to make good decisions based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience and judgment.
- Able to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; develop alternative solutions;
- Works well in a group problem solving situations; presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention
- Displays willingness to make decisions; exhibits sound and accurate judgment; supports and explains reasoning for decisions; includes appropriate people in decision-making process.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.