A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
You will work in a project-focused environment as a member of a multidisciplinary Process Development (PD) group responsible for development and qualification of manufacturing methods to support new product introduction and optimization of existing processes: Design and perform laboratory experiments and evaluate data in order to ultimately develop reliable manufacturing and/or QC methods; Regularly communicate project status to the PD, project management and Operations teams; Perform and troubleshoot initial processing of newly developed and/or scaled up procedures with the relevant Operations teams in order to qualify new methods; Aid in training and transfer of newly developed methods to the receiving Operations team to ensure long term success; Write clear instruction in operating procedures for Operations’ use in ongoing future manufacturing; Apply Root Cause Analysis tools in order to address manufacturing issues; Design and develop new products focused on providing solutions for customers in the life science field; Develop manufacturing processes that may require the following: Fermentation / cell culture, extraction of proteins from plant, animal, or bacterial sources, and protein purification.
Who You Are:
- PhD in biochemistry, microbiology, molecular biology or a scientific discipline
- 5+ years of independent lab research and/or chemical manufacturing experience
- 3+ years of experience in protein purification and characterization, chromatography (IEX, HIC, SEC, etc.), enzymatic assay, recombinant protein expression, and microbial cell culture.
- Microbial genetics, molecular cloning techniques, and standard molecular biology techniques
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written) and ability to collaborate with Operations' departments, external customers, and worldwide internal business partners.
- Culturing yeast or other non-E. coli microbes.
- Automated chromatography systems (such as GE AKTA) and bioreactors / fermenters (such as Sartorius BIOSTAT)
- Strain engineering
- Synthetic biology
- Mammalian cell culture
- Immunofluorescence, Western blotting
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.