A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our around 56,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Your Role: As Maintenance Assistant you report into the Senior Facilities Engineer and support the team with general repairs of various plant equipment throughout the Irvine site. Carry out general janitorial duties to ensure the offices, buildings, facilities and welfare facilities are kept in operational order. Carryout duties listed within planned maintenance system: covering lamp replacement, plumbing and general fixings and fittings. Perform risk assessments prior to undertaking any maintenance tasks ensuring risks and hazards have been identified. Understand a permit to work system, support external contractors and site visitors.
Who you are:
- Previous experience working within a building and fabric maintenance position
- Experience in issuing work permits and carrying out risk assessments and method statements
- Ability to problem-solve with focus on attention to detail
- Effective communication skills across different modes and styles
- Able to priorities and follow written and verbal instructions
- Working knowledge and understanding of health and safety systems
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com