A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our around 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Job Title: Jr. Sharepoint Developer
Job Location : Electronic City, Bangalore.
The R&D Application team supports the delivery of the R&D Service Portfolio for the Healthcare business. The SharePoint Software Developer applies current graphics design and .NET technologies to develop, modify maintain SharePoint sites/ applications. Design, develop, and manage site content and capabilities and provide daily onsite maintenance of the existing sites.
Participates in the testing process through test review and analysis, test witnessing and certification of software and provide hands-on support to both projects and services organization. Key service requirements are:
- Support application services of worldwide user community in shift operation
- Support incident & request handling
- Sustain the growth related to new SharePoint sites for our HC R&D application portfolio
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Plans, develops, installs and maintains medium to highly complex reusable SharePoint sites.
- Evaluates new SharePoint site requests and identifies optimizations.
- Develop workflows for approval of pages before being published to different languages.
- Create custom menu items as C# features to move list and document library items to different folders according to their lifecycle state.
- Customizing and configuring site pages to target content to specific users.
- Create browser compatible forms using InfoPath and deploy to Form Library in SharePoint Sites.
- Create various custom web parts using Visual Studio.NET that could be plugged in by users into their Personal Site.
- Responsible for SharePoint reusable code/ objects development, updates and maintains development guidelines / Naming Conventions for further platform growth
- Create and update system documentation. Monitors quality standards and ensures failure-free operation. Considers compatibility with connected systems.
- Solves a range of straightforward problems through knowledge and technical experience in own discipline with a moderate level of guidance.
- Understands how the team integrates with other teams in order to achieve overall objectives of the area and builds knowledge of the organization, processes, customers and key business drivers.
- Responsible for troubleshooting development and production issues (3rd level) and defining / approving appropriate SharePoint solutions
- Creation of / approval of project documentation including Functional, Technical specifications, Test Scripts as well as Conducting code reviews
- Presentation of concepts and results from his/her area of functional responsibility
- Responsible for training support community on the newly developed / enhanced environment
Qualification, Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 2-6 years of experience
- Experience programming in .NET, C#, ASP.NET ,T-SQL, C/C++, XLM. Experience with SharePoint Designer, InfoPath, Web Parts, and workflow creation.
- Experience as a SharePoint Developer in the analysis, design, hands-on development and delivery of web-based applications.
- Experience using jQuery, Client Object Model, and Service Oriented Architecture.
- Experience with SharePoint’s application services framework including implementation, configuration, and usages of Search, Managed Metadata, and User Profile Services
- SharePoint Designing and Developing Applications certification is a plus but not required.
- Ability to write Stored Procedures, write complex SQL queries, and ability to analyze the SQLdata is desired.
- Experience with SQL Server Reporting Services, SQL Server Analysis Services, and/or SQL Server Integration Services a plus.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems; or related discipline is desired.
- Attention to detail and commitment to high quality/error free deliverables.
- Must be motivated, independent and self-sufficient.
- Able to receive an assigned task and see it through to completion with minimal supervision.
- Service Delivery Management mindset
- Ability to familiarize himself / herself independently with entirely new applications/services
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Working knowledge of information security and best practices
- Proven fast learning & problem management skills
- Proven experience of working under pressure
- Good customer service skills
- Min 3 years of working knowledge for SharePoint application with regards to administration, support and workflow development
Solid background & knowledge in computer infrastructure from the desktop to the data source
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com