A career with EMD Serono is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 56,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Serono is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
At EMD Serono, the Billerica Site Administrative Coordinator for Global Regulatory Affairs and R&D Quality will proactively plan and deliver on departmental administrative needs, while demonstrating a high level of engagement and professionalism.
- Manage & lead administrative activities for the Billerica based GRA & RDQ colleagues:
- Coordination of internal and external meetings including preparatory activities (invitations, agenda development, consolidation of presentations), logistics planning, meeting minutes
- Travel arrangements, both international and domestic
- New hire preparations
- Expense reporting completion and/or guidance
- Maintain SAP system for invoice processing and purchase requisition preparations
- Space planning, as needed
- Coordinate office supply ordering, storage & maintenance
- Understand the scope and content of ongoing leadership initiatives in order to provide proactive support.
- Assist with GRA & RDQ functional communications including content development for the department intranet page creation/maintenance, newsletters, email campaigns and/or presentations.
- Act as a “cultural ambassador” for the US based GRA & RDQ teams to ensure a high level of employee engagement. Proactively identify opportunities/projects/initiatives that will drive morale and collaboration.
- Act as the primary administrative partner for RDQ during any Health Authority inspections at the Billerica site. Duties include scheduling conference rooms, organizing logistics, supplies, catering, placement of inspection signage and coordination with corporate communications on daily emails.
- Serve as back-up resource for the Rockland-based GRA/RDQ teams, as needed. May assist remotely with any Health Authority inspection in Rockland.
Who are you:
- Bachelor’s degree in Science, Business or Liberal Arts discipline or Associate’s degree in Science, Business or Liberal Arts discipline with 1+ years’ experience as a support professional in an office environment.
- Experience in a Research and Development environment preferred
- Prior experience working in a global, matrixed environment with exposure to global and/or cross-functional project teams
- Demonstrated ability to work independently within guidelines and policies
- MS Office experience required; SAP experience is highly desirable
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.