A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
We are searching for a dynamic, innovative, results driven individual to join our Federal Government Research Sales Team. This talented individual will be a field-based account manager responsible for the maintenance and growth of the National Institutes of Health. This Open Position is an external Field Based- Academic/Government/Hospital Account Manager for the National Institute of Health (NIH) in Bethesda.
- Close profitable business by meeting or exceeding sales goals and objectives
- Build, grow, and manage the NIH territory by defending the core MilliporeSigma business while differentiating MilliporeSigma through customer awareness of MilliporeSigma and its Best-in- Class/Innovative technologies and products.
- Coach two Field Sales Associates in daily sales activities and account planning.
- Create and maintain relationships with customers to promote penetration, retention, and loyalty.
- Devise and implement successful account and territory strategies that support increased sales and the strategic goals of Research Business Unit.
- Partner with internal teams (marketing, inside sales, etc.) from the Research Business Unit to identify, develop and close opportunities.
- Work with purchasing departments to understand procurement processes and develop strategies.
- Submit and update business plans.
- Log/track/update opportunities, activities, and leads in Salesforce.com required.
- Own and manage any account-wide contract and/or pricing agreements
- Manage stockrooms and/or storerooms to ensure optimal product mixes and year over year sales growth
- Proven ability to identify, drive and close sales employing a Technical and Tactical Consultative approach.
- Independently manage time and priorities
- Develop, implement, manage and track strategic and tactical plans both independently and with a team.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree (BS) in Molecular Biology, Cell Biology, Biochemistry, Biology, Chemistry, or closely related science is a must.
- 3+ years field sales experience
- 1 year of government account or NIH account experience
- Completion of graduate level courses in Science/Business is desirable
- Demonstrate organizational, prioritization, and planning skills required for successful account management, territory management, and project management.
- Experience in reagent and/or technology platform sales is a strong plus
- Experience mentoring and coaching junior sales representatives or colleagues.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.