A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Data Scientists team in the Bioinformatic Department, MilliporeSigma extensively uses advanced analytics, machine learning, and deep learning models to create business and scientific values from data. We solve life-scientist-oriented business and scientific problems across MilliporeSigma. We see our projects through the entire data science lifecycle, from problem definition, data exploration, to modeling, analysis, and deployment to production servers. We maintain a close partnership with other IT groups to ensure that our models can be deployed and monitored in a quick, reliable and robust manner.
As a Data Scientist, you will be a member of this diverse and highly skilled team. You will be exploring new datasets with business partners, learning the complexness of business process, building models, or coordinating the productionalization of your models. You will use a variety of tools including SQL, Python, and shell scripting) in a variety of environments (e.g., various database, Linux servers, etc). You will work in a highly collaborative, team environment where you will quickly develop wide ranging exposure to new methods and best practices for performing data science. You will present data, models, software system, results, and conclusions to stakeholders.
Who You Are:
- Degree in Computer and Information Science, Statistics, Engineering or mathematics-intensive discipline.
- Bachelor's degree with 3 years of experience in data management
- Master’s degree with 2 years of experience in data management
- Hand-on experiences with data management. Familiar with database schema, RDBMS (e.g., MySQL) and NO-SQL (e.g., MongoDB)
- Hand-on knowledge with statistics, machine learning and deep learning models. Understanding the mathematical background of models.
- Extensive experiences with programming. Familiar with Python, R, or other data-oriented programming languages (Python is preferred). Familiar with machine learning and deep learning packages (e.g., Keras, Tensorflow, Pytorch). Ability to automate data processing, modeling and service delivery.
- Proven skills in documentation and presentation and excellent communication in English, comfortable with multiple-culture working environment
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.