A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our around 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Obtain Competitor information by mining websites and prepare data for loading to Competitive Intelligence System.
- Perform complex web mining / scraping requests received from stakeholders. Analyze the website requested and gather relevant data from the website while maintaining the integrity of the data. Performs QC for Analyst. Develops KPI dashboards and interpret data.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
- To webmine websites on a scheduled basis in order to maintain the data in CIS.
- Prepare/deliver the data in format required by CIS.
- Coordinate the Maintenance of competitor products, data changes and skus/prices on CIS.
- Ensuring timely deliverables.
- Format and clean data. Make sure the data is brought in the right form to be uploaded in the system. Ensures data points are comparable.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Extraction of data from websites.
- Automation/improvement of the process
- Good understanding of the CIS loading process
- Enhance, monitor and oversee a variety of automated as well as manual data exchange interfaces between various business-related applications (pricing tools, multiple ERPs, sales reporting, master data systems, …)
- Master’s degree or equivalent professional experience (Business, Informatics/Computer Science, Math/Statistics, or similar)
- International experience working in global, partially remote teams
- Knowledgeable with pricing systems, tools and applications
- Track record of mid-scale tasks
- Track record of analytical and conceptional thinking within a technical environment
- Experience of supporting systems implementation, integration or similar change management project
- Experience working in or closely with marketing, commercial, or IT
- Good knowledge of Competitor sites and Life Science/Chemistry product data preferred (Desirable)
Technical Skills / Competencies:
Good ability to build and maintain strong working relationships within a team
Good analytical/problem solving and data analysis skills (ability to see the story through the data)
Good ability to visualize and report data with analytical and statistical tools
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com