A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our around 56,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Job Title: SAP GTS Condultant
Job Location: Electronic City, Bangalore
The Application Consultant for the SAP GTS System acts as E2E responsible for all GTS topics (including source system) to provide state of the art solutions and services. This includes the implementation of appropriate systems enhancements following established processes to meet customer and/or authorities’ requirements. The Application Consultant will interact with our Business facing organization to plan, prepare, execute and monitor projects as well as individual Change Requests. This will be done by leveraging technical skills provided by external partners.
In this role we require a good knowledge of SAP GTS in all services – Compliance, Customs and Risk Management. We use full scope of Compliance Management, Customs Management for Switzerland and Germany including Customs Bonded Warehouse, handling products subject to excise duties and Outward Processing and the Preferential Handling in the area of Risk Management. In addition, a deeper understanding of OTC, P2P and I2O processes (incl. TM and EWM) and their integration into GTS is a must. Thus he/she should be in the position to consult business partners to find suitable and sustainable solutions meeting customer demands.
GTS is connected to nearly all relevant ERP systems to take care of compliant sales, deliveries and purchases as well as of Customs topics. The integration of all those components and the participation in architecture design decisions as well as implementing Support Packages is also part of this position.
Ensure customer satisfaction through proper solution design delivery, applications life cycle management and service performance monitoring while maintaining necessary internal (process, security) and external (GxP, GDPR, license) compliance.
Secure minimal business disruption on application go live based on proper design and formal project hand-over process.
Operational Vendor Management & Reporting
- Manage vendor service performance against below processes
- Establish the required improvements plan as per identified gaps and/or defined requirements
- Secure timely issuance of periodic performance report and annual service reviews
- Lead the resolution of critical or complex incidents including related crisis management when appropriate
- Coordinate communication and coordination with the relevant stakeholders (Infrastructure, GIAM team, business key users, etc)
- Lead master plan and priorities toward ticket elimination and automation
- Proactively suggest possible solutions and propose an action plan for improvement to management
Change and Release Management
- Establish documentation of current and target application architecture (incl. CMDB)
- Establish and implement the Life Cycle Mgmt plan for applications in scope
- Secure Change Management processes in line with relevant SOPs
- Ensure complete and accurate handover documents created prior to production release
- Manage the application portfolio at the most appropriate level of release
- Lead technical design of applications/solutions in portfolio
- Provide technical services and functional advice on the implementation of business applications
- Provide functional/technical support to project teams
- Provide the technical input for defining and maintaining the development standard and guidelines
- Implementation of Support Packages
Who you are:
- Bachelor/Master degree or equivalent in Engineering and/or allied fields
- Total of 10+ years of experience
- 4-year experience in software or applications services
- 1-year experience within an international environment
- English mandatory (written and spoken)
- Good German skills strongly recommend – due to possible conversations with German Customs Authorities
Skills & Competencies
- Good organizational skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to act autonomously
- Good skills due to the interaction of GTS with different streams
- Good knowledge in Compliance, Customs and Risk Management
- Basic knowledge in SD, LE, MM-PUR, EWM, TM
- Basic knowledge in EDI and IDocs
- Basic knowledge in ABAP – development, exits, debugging, etc.
IT Process roles (optional)
- Operational Vendor Management & Reporting
- Incident Management
- Problem Management
- Change and Release Management
- Project Delivery and Service Introduction
- Application Life Cycle Management
- Disaster Recovery Planning and Testing
- Information Security – Patch Management, Information classification
- Operational Compliance – DP, GxP (user management), licenses management, training plan and execution, FSA – error management of iDocs, BI session, transaction error
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com