A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
The Account Manager serves as the primary point of contact for generating sales from existing or new customers for an assigned territory or assigned accounts. This position focuses on selling the complete Actives and Formulation product line, including over 500 GMP Chemicals, excipients and active pharmaceutical ingredients. It also includes selling services, to assigned accounts with support from internal Technology Specialists, Process Development Scientists, Systems Specialists as well as headquarters-based application support and service personnel. The Account Manager is expected to utilize the available tools and resources to secure sales and purchase orders while meeting financial objectives. You are responsible for documenting and reporting sales activity and sharing account knowledge.
The Account Manager meets or exceed sales or order targets and seeding targets. They must be comfortable “asking” for the business and securing purchase orders. Works with management to assess future business and contribute to accurate sales forecasts and understands the Pharma regulated product cycle and needs of said organizations. In this role you will initiate customer contact/visits with existing and prospective customers. You are expected to develop necessary account knowledge to assess needs and deliver the appropriate solutions to address customer needs while securing revenue. May support a Key Account Manager located within his/her region under the guidance or reporting to a GKAM (Global Key Account Manager).
The Account Manager influences customers and diffuses potential problems. You will anticipate the customer’s needs and identifies appropriate alternatives.
This role requires participation in company meetings and / or conference calls. The Account Manager demonstrates solid account profiling skills including the ability to develop a detailed account strategy, analyze market share and maintain a strong understanding of industry dynamics. The role consultant to Sr Level Management (Sales & Marketing). In this role you will represent "Voice of the Customer", and "Voice of the Field" feedback to internal partners. You will act as Field Champion for new Products or Programs and as a change agent through organizational shifts – can easily adapt to changing circumstances.
Travel within territory of Northern California, Oregon, Washington, Nevada, Idaho, Montana & Wyoming
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline OR 5+ years of Life Science or Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient (API) Contract Manufacturing or Process Development or Bench Scientist experience
- 1+ years of sales experience within the Life Science industry meeting or exceeding sales targets
- 3+ years working in labs, with scientists, business managers and high-level professionals
- Understands the Pharma regulated product cycle and needs of said organizations
- Ability to learn and work with Contact / Customer Management Systems (SFDC, SAP NEXT) and Sales Reporting Systems
- Ability to coordinate internal resources to address customer needs and achieve successful outcomes
- Ability to negotiate price discussions/discounts while securing purchase orders from customers
- Comfortable presenting scientific MilliporeSigma products/solutions to customers
- Demonstrates broad knowledge of the organization’s entire product line
- Is comfortable moving between scientific discussions and financial conversations
- Performs basic sales or service tasks under self-direction
- Demonstrated ability to work in teams, work across multiple parts of the organization and work with diverse cultures and backgrounds
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com