A career with EMD Serono is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Serono is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
The Medical Director, Global Medical Affairs Oncology is a key role in the Global Medical Affairs Oncology team and works closely with partners internally in the medical team, as well as with the R&D and clinical development departments. The Medical Director leads a cross-functional team that is responsible for guiding the development and life cycle management of a drug from the oncology or immuno-oncology portfolio, including supporting clinical development, pre-launch, peri-launch, and post approval.
The Medical Director is responsible for working closely with their management and other Medical Directors of the Global Medical Affairs Oncology team to build, monitor, track, manage, and assist with the development and implementation of the Global Medical Affairs plans and initiatives. In addition, this role requires primarily close coordination cross-functionally with Global Business Franchise counterparts, but also with Global, Regional and Local stakeholders to create and ensure alignment across all teams. The Medical Director is responsible for medical education and external engagement with the medical community.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree with 10+ years of experience, master’s degree with 5+ years of experience, or PhD degree with 3+ years required
- Advanced degree: MD, with experience in oncology
- Minimum of 5 years of managerial responsibilities in the pharmaceutical/healthcare industry, or equivalent academic experience with demonstration of successful results
- Clinical experience and knowledge treating oncology patients and in particular lung cancer
- Demonstrated understanding of the clinical development and post-approval environment for pharmaceuticals including post-approval clinical studies and medical affairs strategic initiatives
- Knowledge and application of business planning & leadership principles, such as goal setting, action plans, monitoring tools, directive and supportive techniques to develop and implement action plans
- Possess budget experience and knowledge
- Demonstrated ability to work with teams, manage a diverse work group, motivate them, and maximize productivity
- Creation and oversight of cross-functional and multi-disciplinary teams
- Experience in developing and leading teams in changing competitive environment, changing product technology, and changing needs
- Demonstrated orientation & credibility with internal and external customers
- Creation of solid plans and reports for which performance and progress can be measured and evaluated
Able to travel international up to 40%
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.