A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our around 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Title: Expert - AD Group Policy Management ( Desktop )
Location: Bangalore, Electronic City
Environment you are working in
This position is in the company's Global IT, Infrastructure Technology, Digital Workplace – Client Management. The Client Management Team provides and manages the global hardware standards (Laptops, Desktops), client images based on Windows, software packaging and distribution and security patch management processes. In addition to hardware-based client the team is also responsible for Citrix-based virtual desktops. Equipment like SCCM, WSUS and further specific tools are in-use, embedded in a global Active Directory structure what is the foundation for GPO-based Client configuration. The team works together with other infrastructure units like Network-, IAM- and Security teams, provides input and collaborates with the Global Service Desk and structures services based on requirements from application and business units.
- Group Policy Administrator would be responsible for Design, Planning and Implementing Windows client GPO’s for our global enterprise environment by following mandated change control processes.
- Responsible for advising security best practices considering Industry we are in (Pharmaceutical, Healthcare and Lifesciences) from a client OS hardening perspective, advise on optimizations, troubleshooting the issues, Group Policy backup and recovery, managing the administrative templates etc.
- Security Group & WMI filtering, delegation of Group Policy Management
- Responsible for strategy and decision making in consultation with other stake holders
- Provide best practice guidance on configuring and deploying workstation Group Policies.
- Research and recommend innovative, and where possible, automated approaches for system administration tasks. Identify approaches that leverage our resources and provide economies of scale.
- Support in troubleshooting (incident management) and Root Cause Analysis (problem management) for global issues in the topics above
- Coordination with internal teams like Service Desk, Field Service, local IT units, License Management team and other infrastructure units like IAM-, AD-, Network-, Data Center- and Security-teams
- Coordination with vendors and contribution to internal and external escalation management processes
- Creation of related policies and global standards
- Responsibility for the improvement of all products, services, processes and working routines within your working area
- Creation and maintaining of documentation, Knowledge-Documents and Working-Instructions
General skills and qualifications required:
- ITIL processes like Incident, Problem, Change and Service Continuity management (ITIL Certifications is a plus)
- Familiarity with regulatory processes like GxP
- Relevant professional experience of min. 7 years in IT in a large Enterprise
- Willingness to work in different time zone (based on requirements), across different teams & cultures
- You have very good analytical skills and you see topics with a broader and comprehensive picture and can easily identify cross-dependencies
- Flexibility and keen pursuit of innovation throughout all processes in the continuous search of sustainable new ideas
- Willingness to set yourself challenging goals to achieve superior performance
- Strong desire to develop and grow by way of taking responsibility and engaging in additional tasks and operations
- You have a sense of responsibility and pragmatism and you are working customer- and result-orientated
- Good communication skills in English (any skills in German language is a huge advantage)
- Professional usage of standard office applications (such as Project, PowerPoint, Excel and Word) is taken for granted
- Someone that can join in less between 45 - 60 days is a plus
Specific knowledge and competencies required
- In Depth knowledge of Windows 7 and Windows 10, its lifecycle management, configuration and optimization, security settings, embedding in an Enterprise environment
- Microsoft Active Directory.
- In-depth knowledge of Active Directory
- In-depth knowledge about Enterprise-Administration of Windows devices with Group Based Policies (GPOs)
- Expertise in PowerShell or any scripting language
- Verifiable knowledge and expertise of Desktop Engineering processes for identifying alternative solutions and associated pro's and con's
- Tool Skills:
- Active Directory Users & Computers
- Group Policy Management
- Advanced Group Policy Management
- Policy Analyzer
- Quest AD Tools like Active Roles
- Experience in implementing new process and procedures within an environment. Ability to make decisions based on experience to drive forward with digital transformation.
- Knowledge of one of the following is an added plus (Microsoft SCCM, Windows 10 Imaging, Virtualization, Intune, O365, Windows server OS)
- Vendor management (communication, coordination and escalation)
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com