A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
The Cell Therapy Processing team is developing and has launched novel technologies to enable the industrialization of cell and gene therapy manufacturing. The technologies are comprised of patented acousto-fluidics platforms to manipulate cell processes, such as concentration, washing, differentiation, sorting, and culturing.
This is a critical role within the company focused on expanding the implementation of acoustic cell processing at cell and gene therapy customer sites across the US. The key focus is to support the ekko™ system by ensuring customer satisfaction and successful evaluations and placements. Specifically, the Head of Field Applications is responsible for the initial frontline support of the company’s product in the field, building client relationships, and gathering feedback / VOC information. The incumbent will have direct input with the Product Development and R&D teams, helping to enable design optimization, development, and refinement of next generation products. A second key part of this role is to spearhead the development of application notes, technical publications, suitable training programs, training materials in print and video, and to roll out these capabilities globally as we transition the ekko™ system into a commercially available product
- Lead demonstration and evaluation activities at cell and gene therapy customer sites. Including system installation, calibration, customer training and protocol development.
- Become an expert in acoustic technologies (acoustic wave separation, cell retention, acoustic affinity cell selection, etc.) to develop and conduct trials and propose total solutions for client needs and requirements
- Lead interactions with customer’s scientific & technical teams to better understand customer’s processes, process needs, and applications.
- Developing, executing and troubleshooting experimental protocols in real-time at client sites.
- Identify, develop and recommend solutions for product and process development and ensure feedback loop with Product and R&D Team through formalized Voice of Customer activities.
- Participate in idea generation/ brainstorming activities, design reviews and contribute technically to the ekko™ product design process
- Promote ekko™ technology through collaborative industry publications, peer-reviewed articles, and application notes; utilizing customer relationships to build out new datasets and applications, as appropriate.
- Actively participate in advancing and utilizing knowledge of the Cell and Gene Therapy product market, gathering competitive intelligence, and customer process information and feeding this back.
- Demonstrate a self-starter mentality to acquire and maintain technical knowhow to support and further develop customer applications.
- Assist in technical conversion activities with the Cell Therapy Processing Commercial and Business Development team.
- Represent the company at industry events, as required.
- Identify and champion new opportunities, markets, and applications.
Who you are:
- PhD degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Chemical, Biomedical, or Electrical) or Biology, or Chemistry
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience with Applications Support for capital equipment in the Cell and Gene Therapy industry.
- Ability to analyze interactions between equipment/process/product and provide system level solutions where possible
- Establishing and maintaining high level in relationships with customer’s scientific and management teams.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, time management and organizational skills
- Strong presentation experience to a technical and scientific audience.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs
- Ten (10) or more years’ experience in the Bioprocess / Biopharmaceutical industry: process engineering, process development, downstream purification or filtration experience highly preferred.
- Familiarity with current Good Manufacturing Practice (cGMP) guidelines and compliance requirements is desirable.
LOCATION AND TRAVEL:
- Candidate to be based in the US, near a major airport hub.
- The expectation is that the candidate would spend >50% of their time performing demonstrations, evaluations, or meetings at client sites or industry events. As the team grows, this may change.
- Regular in-person engagement with internal teams is expected on an as-needed basis.
- First three months will be intensive applications and product training at MilliporeSigma’s Wilbraham, MA, office, candidates should expect heavy travel during the first 3-6 months.
- The successful candidate is expected to be available for customer activities or in-person internal engagement from Monday morning to Friday afternoon.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.