A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
The Cell Therapy Processing team is developing and has launched novel technologies to enable the industrialization of cell and gene therapy manufacturing. The technologies are comprised of patented acousto-fluidics platforms to manipulate cell processes, such as concentration, washing, differentiation, sorting, and culturing.
Your role: The incumbent will play a key role in supporting the continued market launch of our ekko™ technology by implementing the commercial strategy with early adopters and the growing commercial customer base. Specifically, the new team member will work alongside the wider commerical team to define and prioritize new opportunities, enable evaluations working with the Head of Field Applications, and ensure our technical feedback cycle with the product and applications teams is maintained for continued product development. With the role being field based, the candidate is expected to be self-motivated, driven, and comfortable operating in a remote matrix setup.
- Implement MilliporeSigma’s Cell Therapy commercial strategy
- Engage with existing East Coast customers to enable their continued success in establishing the ekko™ as their preferred cell processing tool, provide feedback to the applications team on additional development needs
- Lead onsite booking for ekko™ evaluations and applications support
- Play a lead role in building out the East Coast customer pipeline through proactive customer engagement, attendance of and technical customer discussions at conferences (lead generation)
- Keep up to date with industry developments, and feed back to the wider commercial team about customers’ applications and product needs
- Structure, negotiate, and close early adopter and commercial contracts incorporating ekko™ technology into customer processes or projects
- Support the product development strategy by canvassing customer needs, and feeding back to the internal teams by attending regular product development meetings
Who you are:
- BS with 8+ years experience, MS with 3+ years experience, PhD
- An experienced Technical Sales professional in the Biotech or Pharma industry capital equipment space, and in the Cell and Gene Therapy industry
- A self-motivated, customer-facing, boots-on-the-ground, deal-closing, poised, confident sales professional
- A proven track record of identifying new cell therapy targets and opportunities and acting to establish contacts within these
- Demonstrated history of executing capital equipment placements across the bioprocess industry sector
- Experience in explaining technical equipment capabilities, and performing technical demonstrations
- An experienced Technical Sales professional 5+ years in the Biotech or Pharma industry capital equipment space, and 3+ years in the Cell and Gene Therapy industry
- An advanced degree, preferably an MSc in Biomedical Engineering or similar and/or an MBA degree (strongly desired)
LOCATION AND TRAVEL:
- Candidate to be based on the US East Coast, preferably the greater Boston area, but at least close to biotech hubs (e.g. New York/New Jersey, Philadelphia, Washington DC, or North Carolina) and near a major airport.
- The expectation is that the candidate would spend >50% of their time traveling, in meetings at client sites or at industry events.
- Regular in-person engagement with internal teams is expected on an as-needed basis.
- First three months will be intensive applications and product training at MilliporeSigma’s Wilbraham, MA, office, candidates should expect heavy travel during the first 3-6 months.
- The successful candidate is expected to be available for customer activities or in-person internal engagement from Monday morning to Friday afternoon.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.