A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
We are looking for a data scientist that will help us discover the information hidden in vast amounts of data, that will help us increase the of our enterprise search engines. Your primary focus will be in applying data mining techniques, doing statistical analysis, and building high-quality prediction systems integrated with our enterprise search engines.
- Selecting features, building and optimizing classifiers using machine learning techniques
- Data mining using state-of-the-art methods
- Extending the company’s data with third party sources of information when needed
- Enhancing data collection procedures to include information that is relevant for building analytic systems
- Processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis
- Doing ad-hoc analysis and presenting results in a clear manner
- Creating automated anomaly detection systems and constant tracking of its performance
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree in data science or equivalent
- 1+ years of hands-on experience
- Master's degree in data science or equivalent
- Excellent understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms, such as MRR, k-NN, Naive Bayes, SVM, Decision Forests, etc.
- Experience with data analysis platforms like Spark, Hadoop, Flink, etc.
- Experience with common data science toolkits, such as deeplearning4j, R, Weka, NumPy, etc. Excellence in at least one of these is highly desirable
- Proficiency in using query languages such as SQL, CQL, etc.
- Experience with NoSQL databases, such as MongoDB, Cassandra, HBase, etc.
- Good applied statistics skills, such as distributions, statistical testing, regression, etc.
- Good scripting and programming skills in Java, Python, Bash, etc.
- Great communication skills
- Data-oriented personality
- Ability to provide solutions based on the business requirements
- Ability to work with a global team
- Must have excellent problem-solving skills and be customer-centric
- Preferred Skills:
- Experience with Agile methodology
- Experience applying machine learning to enterprise search engines such as Solr
- Experience with data visualization tools, such as D3.js, GGplot, etc.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.