A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
The Opportunity: Four years ago, MilliporeSigma acquired Sigma-Aldrich and with, an industry-leading e-commerce platform. In the years since then, the combined organization has created an award-winning e-commerce channel and the success of this union has resulted in a growth rate above the rate of the overall business.
Now, we have the opportunity to further accelerate growth and evolve our e-commerce business into the standard for collaboration in life science. We are looking for a seasoned Marketing leader who is able to define and lead the global marketing organization through this transformation while also delivering strong financial performance.
Your Role: The Head of Digital Marketing is responsible for driving eCommerce growth with a focus on customer acquisition, conversion, and retention and also shaping the future direction of our overall digital experience. This role will be responsible for defining and implementing our digital customer strategy, as the basis for building our online experience and integrated marketing strategy. She/he will be capable of translating customer research and data analysis into actionable insights that help to shape the future strategic direction.
- Define and lead the long-term strategy as well as translating it into near-term go-to-market plans, messaging
- Establish a cadence to enable the marketing organization to increase the effectiveness of its marketing efforts and optimize the marketing budget across channels and priorities
- Distill overarching business strategy and goals into a customer-centered and cohesive global marketing calendar focused on efficient use of marketing spend and team effort to create integrated, multi- channel campaigns
- Be a strong and central contributor to the ecommerce leadership team: challenging, focusing conversation, and ensure that we drive to pragmatic results.
- Performance management of marketing to drive: session growth, conversion rates, customer engagement, new customer acquisition, repeat rates and customer lifetime value as well as NPS.
- Ensure plans are aligned with other senior-level stakeholders across finance, sales planning, and operations/supply chain.
- Define/evolve the measurement framework and capabilities for marketing in order to grow new channels and scale opportunities
- Drive daily performance, develop solutions and see them through as they are implemented.
- Ensure that the business is effectively using our website and B2B platforms to drive profitable topline growth and communicate effectively with the senior leadership levels when we are off track
- Lead and develop the global Marketing team of over 50 team members, comprised of marketing, creative, and technology functions, ensuring strong performance, development, and engagement
- Experience in driving channels through to conversion through optimizing landing environments, creating seamless experiences for customers from channel to site
Who You Are:
- Bachelor degree required in business, Marketing, or science field
- 10+ years of experience in developing and implementing digital marketing strategies and responsibility for external marketing spend in excess of $50M annually
- Strategic leader with in-depth knowledge of building and scaling of a portfolio of online marketing channels, including: paid and organic search, display (both prospecting and retargeting), social media, affiliate, and email marketing
- Hands-on experience using and implementing DSP, DSM, product feeds and marketing automation tools, such as: Adobe/Marketo, Salesforce, Oracle
- Effective at leveraging creative as a lever for driving performance and customer engagement
- Strong understanding of web design components and website development procedures
- Critical thinker with complex problem-solving skills
- Collaborative, but with the ability to challenge and hold ground with business leaders
- Deep knowledge of the online advertising and ad tech space, and a robust understanding of online advertising best practices.
- Experience and familiarity with API-based programmatic buying, preferably working with technology teams directly integrating with major search engines
- Ability to build a scalable Go-To-Market process and interlocks within marketing and with business units to efficiently intake inputs and overlay them with marketing priorities to deliver high quality outputs which enhance customer experience and simultaneously maximize company revenue and profitability
- Work backwards from customer need and research to identify and define insights, strategy, and then design and launch flagship campaigns and go-to-market approach
- Proven ability to measure marketing spend and design scalable, transparent mechanisms which maximize spend ROI
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate, motivate, and inspire cross-functional teams with professionalism and clarity
- MBA preferred
- Up to 30% domestic and international travel
- Experience in change management
- Experience managing global teams
- Knowledge and experience working within a matrix organization
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.