A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
The Research Sales Organization of MilliporeSigma is seeking an Account Manager to support the growth strategy for open Applied Industrial Territory Management. An Account Manager in Applied Industrial is responsible for selling the Life Science portfolio leveraging all engagement channels including phone, email, social, video and face-to-face as warranted. The Account Manager is responsible for establishing and executing business plans and sales strategies to defend and develop existing account sales. Account Managers are responsible for achieving sales targets in an assigned open territory through effective execution of the sales strategy and proactive (outbound) contact, overall territory/account management, and travel to the assigned account if applicable or deemed appropriate based on account and opportunity size.
*Travel is mostly to local customer within Los Angeles and Orange county and to occasional training and regional meetings.
Who You Are:
The Account Manager will efficiently manage territory through planned account planning and engagement with key stakeholders within an account including end users, KOLs (key opinion leaders) and procurement. They will maintain effective and professional communication with both internal and external customers. While working the territory the Account Manager will schedule and execute campaigns and promotions within their established territory. They will manage effective pricing strategies to include, but not limited to: contracts, pricing agreements, renewals, negotiations and implementations. Submission of accurate quarterly forecasts and forecast updates as requested on a timely basis will be an important part of this role.
- Bachelor’s degree in biology, chemistry or similar science discipline
- 3+ years of experience in a technical sales customer facing role
- Experience in meeting/exceeding sales targets preferably with business-to-business sales experience
- Experience in preparing and implementing tactical business plans at territory level and account level.
- Capable of establishing relationships at all appropriate account levels to close the sales process.
- Relevant business acumen to the Life Science market.
- Digitally savvy
- Knowledge and/or experience with supply chain procurement processes and/or options.
- Experience working in a matrixed organization inspiring teamwork to achieve results.
- Sales competency which includes selling skills including digital sales, relationship building, call planning, territory development, follow-up and closing skills.
- Technical competency demonstrated in product knowledge, product application and product positioning for research
- Sound judgment and problem-solving competency in handling distribution, product issues, sales issues and customer issues.
- Experience with various sales tools and technology, including but not limited to, Microsoft Office software, Sales Force or other CRM, Eloqua or marketing software, and LinkedIn Sales Navigator or other social platforms
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong presentation skills
- Strong management skills
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.