A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
The Head of IPS Operations – Biologics will report into the Head of Operations for Ewing and Spruce in the Biologics Operations Cluster. The role is responsible for providing strategic and operational leadership to assigned site in order to achieve the financial, productivity, and growth objectives consistent with corporate and divisional goals.
- Direct the Up-Stream and Down-Stream operations in a manner consistent with quality standards to ensure an adequate supply of products are produced at the lowest cost, on schedule, and in the most efficient and safest manner.
- Responsible for implementation and maintenance of manufacturing systems required to produce current and future products using existing or new technologies. Translation of the operational manufacturing plan into financial performance ensuring operational leverage is maintained and balance with inventory strategy
- Assist in the development and adjustment of production forecasts as required to meet customer demand and service level requirements.
- Ability to work closely with internal functions such as Technology Transfer, R&D, Quality Assurance, Regulatory, Finance, Sales & Marketing, Maintenance, Human Resources and other Production sites to ensure site and cluster deliverables.
- Implement technology transfer and new product introduction as required by the Corporation’s innovation plan.
- Implement and direct the necessary systems to assure compliance with GMP, FDA, OHSA, USDA, EPA, the ISO Quality System and other regulations to assure production meets established quality and regulatory specifications.
- Direct, oversee and fulfill all HSSE related requirements for the facility, including providing necessary resources, establishing and achieving local/corporate goals, and maintaining all certifications
- As assigned, participate on Corporate, SBU, and Divisional committees. Develop strong working relationships with corporate partners who have responsibility for the sales and/or licensing of the Company’s products and technologies.
- Responsible for meeting site related performance targets: Safety and Quality Excellence, Customer Focus Supply Excellence, People Development, Margin and Asset Optimization and Technology Advancement
- Responsible for providing monthly summary of performance and reporting to Biologics Operations and Supply Chain Leadership
- Support communication around plant related supply disruptions from the Biologics cluster thru the Supply Network Team
Who you are:
- Degree in chemistry, biological science, or engineering; Advanced degree strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years progressively responsible related experience in manufacturing technologies; Life Sciences strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to lead a manufacturing organization of similar size and scope to meet safety, health and environmental standards.
- Demonstrated thorough knowledge of cGMP regulations for manufacturing IVD products.
- Demonstrated knowledge and familiarity with OSHA, FDA and EPA regulations; must have solid knowledge of the ISO Quality System.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to motivate and influence others to act. Excellent presentation skills, including the ability to present material in a clear, concise manner, appropriate to the level of the audience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of personal computer software in a business environment. Microsoft Office preferred. Demonstrated aptitude to learn and operate the Company’s computer systems related to the position (SAP, Oracle, Accolade, etc.). Demonstrated knowledge and experience working with computerized MRP or ERP systems.
- Ability to travel domestically to accomplish the duties of the position; overnight stays required; possible international travel. Travel is expected to be approximately 10%.
- Experience in Product life cycle management and communicating strategies with business partners
- Experience incorporating automated solutions in drive operational strategies around cost reduction, reduction in lead time, and control of process variability
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.