A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our around 56,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
The Application Engineer for SAP PI/PO (Process Integration/Process Orchestration) acts as Solution Owner for integration solutions to facilitate the exchange of information among various systems and applications and those of external parties.
Based on SAP PI/PO as SAP's enterprise application integration (EAI) software the Application manages and secures the continuous ‘Operation’ of these applications.
The role includes the solutioning, design and implementation of adequate interface solutions following defined change processes and standards according to customer requirements. This will also be done by leveraging technical skills provided by external partners.
In summary we require an excellent understanding of integration concepts as provided by SAP NetWeaver PI/PO and how to implement them. This should be combined with a good knowledge of ALE/EDI configuration in connected systems (mainly ERP systems).
Service Performance Monitoring of the Application Managed Services provided by our strategic partners belongs to the role to meet the agreed KPIs. This includes periodic reviews and the use of defined processes to hand over new services.
Ensure customer satisfaction through proper solution design delivery, applications life cycle management and service performance monitoring while maintaining necessary internal (process, security) and external (GxP, GDPR, license) compliance.
Secure minimal business disruption on application go live based on proper design and formal project hand-over process.
Operational Vendor Management & Reporting
- Manage vendor service performance against below processes
- Establish the required improvements plan as per identified gaps and/or defined requirements
- Secure timely issuance of periodic performance report and annual service reviews
- Lead the resolution of critical or complex incidents including related crisis management when appropriate
- Coordinate communication and coordination with the relevant stakeholders (Infrastructure, GIAM team, business key users, etc.)
- Lead master plan and priorities toward ticket elimination and automation
- Proactively suggest possible solutions and propose an action plan for improvement to management
Change and Release Management
- Establish documentation of current and target application architecture (incl. CMDB)
- Establish and implement the Life Cycle Mgmt plan for applications in scope
- Secure Change Management processes in line with relevant SOPs
- Ensure complete and accurate handover documents created prior to production release
- Manage the application portfolio at the most appropriate level of release
- Lead technical design of applications/solutions in portfolio
- Provide technical services and functional advice on the implementation of business applications
- Provide functional/technical support to project teams
- Provide the technical input for defining and maintaining the development standard and guidelines
- Bachelor/Master degree or equivalent in Computer Sciences and/or Business Administration
- 10-year experience in software or applications services
- 5-year experience within an international environment
- English mandatory (written and spoken)
- An additional language (German) is an asset
Skills & Competencies
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Willingness to travel
- Ability to make difficult decisions, accountability for integration process (e.g. SFDC, Ariba) and SOA manager configuration
- Capable to independently coordinate the set-up of new interfaces. This includes realignment with various teams and functions- Security, Networking, SAP Basis, project teams, external and internal customers
- Close alignment with the central PI/PO AO team (located in Darmstadt) to follow one common standard in implementation and configuration
- SAP PI (Dual Stack); SAP PO (Java Single Stack only)
- SAP PI B2B Add-on
- Databases (Oracle, MS SQL, HANA)
- Knowledge in SOA and REST technology
- Good knowledge in ERP systems to enable ALE/EDI
- Experience in Cloud Solutions (SAP Cloud Platform/ SAP Cloud Platform Integration)
- Deep knowledge in SFDC Integration based on BPM technology.
- Ownership of all SFDC related integration processes, Ariba integration and SOA Manager configuration in the dedicated ERP systems (incl. MDG).
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com