A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our around 56,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
The Application Engineer for the SAP DMS/OT (Document Management System/Open Text applications) acts as E2E responsible for Document and Workflow Systems in a regulated environment.
Based on SAP Folders Management and the XFT Addon Suite the Application Engineer ensures the storage and tracking of electronical documents. This includes the use of Open Text archive systems to store and retrieve documents. Scanning processes via Open Text as well an output management system converting printing outputs (Seal Systems) are further areas of responsibility.
The role also includes the implementation of appropriate systems enhancements following established processes to meet customer requirements. By interacting with our internal partners and customers the Application Engineer plans, prepares, executes and monitors projects as well as individual Change Requests. The execution will be either performed by the ‘Application Engineer’ directly or by leveraging technical skills as provided by external partners.
We require an excellent knowledge of the SAP Document management module combined with a good understanding of archiving, print and scan processes and tools as well as experience in the underlying ERP systems particularly in the QM and PM module.
Thus he/she should be in the position to consult business partners to find suitable and sustainable solutions meeting customer demands.
Service Performance Monitoring of the Application Managed Services provided by our strategic partners belongs to the role to meet the agreed KPIs. This includes periodic reviews and the use of defined processes to hand over new services.
Ensure customer satisfaction through proper solution design delivery, applications life cycle management and service performance monitoring while maintaining necessary internal (process, security) and external (GxP, GDPR, license) compliance.
Secure minimal business disruption on application go live based on proper design and formal project hand-over process.
Operational Vendor Management & Reporting
- Manage vendor service performance against below processes
- Establish the required improvements plan as per identified gaps and/or defined requirements
- Secure timely issuance of periodic performance report and annual service reviews
- Lead the resolution of critical or complex incidents including related crisis management when appropriate
- Coordinate communication and coordination with the relevant stakeholders (Infrastructure, GIAM team, business key users, etc)
- Lead master plan and priorities toward ticket elimination and automation
- Proactively suggest possible solutions and propose an action plan for improvement to management
Change and Release Management
- Establish documentation of current and target application architecture (incl. CMDB)
- Establish and implement the Life Cycle Mgmt plan for applications in scope
- Secure Change Management processes in line with relevant SOPs
- Ensure complete and accurate handover documents created prior to production release
- Manage the application portfolio at the most appropriate level of release
- Contribute in the technical design of applications/solutions in portfolio
- Provide technical services and functional advice on the implementation of business applications
- Provide functional/technical support to project teams
- Provide the technical input for defining and maintaining the development standard and guidelines
- Bachelor/Master degree or equivalent in Computer Sciences and/or Business Administration
- 12-year experience in software or applications services
- 5-year experience within an international environment
- English mandatory (written and spoken)
- An additional language (German) is an asset
Skills & Competencies
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Willingness to travel
- Ability to make difficult decisions and act autonomously
- Expert knowledge in document management applications based on SAP Folder management (XFT Addon Suite & Seal Systems). Ability to customize/review corresponding configuration
- Experience in SAP Document Management (SAP DMS). Capable to configure application.
- Good understanding of SAP Workflow processes and capabilities
- Experience in the SAP sided storage configuration (ArchiveLink, KPRO)
- Familiar with Print and Scan processes
- Basic knowledge in SAP modules PM and QM
- Basic understanding of Servers on Windows OS, Network and Firewalls
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com