A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
The role of the Account Manager for MilliporeSigma’s BioProcessing Americas group is to continually and consistently increase market share and revenues by collaborating with pharmaceutical and biotech customers and prospects to solve their unique challenges. This role will primarily be focused in the greater Seattle area.
As a member of the BioProcessing Americas team, you will sell a broad portfolio of products, including: filtration and purification technologies, single-use and multiuse process technologies, services, and raw materials (chemicals/cell culture media). In this role you will create value for both the customer and MilliporeSigma, strategically manage projects and resources to ensure long term profitable growth. You will increase MilliporeSigma’s market share and emphasize differentiation from competitors. The role will build upon MilliporeSigma’s reputation for excellence within your territory.
The Account Manager will ensure that the quarterly and annual target is achieved, by gaining market share (e.g. competitive conversions, customer expansions, etc.), maintaining market share (e.g. process optimization, timely reaction to customer inquiries, etc.), and seeding MilliporeSigma products in the customer´s pipeline. Develop a detailed strategic plan to manage your territory; maintain, protect, and seed your business for both short and long-term revenue growth. Know and be known by your customers; maintain regular presence within territory to inform, train and influence customers. Identify your customer’s needs/goals/challenges and provide solutions to fulfill their needs through the proper positioning of MilliporeSigma products, services, and/or knowledge/expertise. Identify and map the key stakeholders and decision makers around projects and opportunities in your territory. Secure targeted meetings to identify and advance opportunities with your customers and follow-up on leads, close action items and customer requests completely and in a timely fashion in a timely fashion. Attend tradeshows and provide booth coverage as needed.
The Account Manager will lead and organize internal partners around presenting to, or supporting your customers; provide input and direction on content, customer needs/drivers, audience profile, etc. Create and deliver presentations; coordinates appropriate resources for customer visits. Provide, an accurate, detailed forecasts for your territory. Coordinates and participates in customer audits, technical visits and lunch-n-learn program. Utilize sales tools regularly and properly to gain efficiencies and to document customer interactions (CRM, tablets, literature, etc). Complete all required training in a timely and thorough fashion. Work collaboratively with business partners (customer service, technical service, field marketing, technology management, demand planning, etc).
Travel within territory (with occasional overnight stays) to optimize customer engagement; and quarterly meetings.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Biology, Chemistry or similar Life Science discipline
- 5+ years of working experience in the Life Sciences environment
- 3+ years of sales experience within the Life Science industry
- 3+ years of experience working with pharmaceutical and biotech drug production processes/unit operations
- 3+ years of experience networking and building and maintaining strong relationships, credibility and trust
- Experience in upstream processing and familiarity with cell culture media is a plus
- Demonstrate a natural affinity to influence and/or sell to all levels of an organization
- Self-motivated, assertive, takes initiative and works independently
- Plans time and priorities in an effective manner to achieve goals for sustainable results
- A committed learner, dedicated to continuously increasing knowledge and skills
- Decisive: knows how to build a solid case and can drive a decision when appropriate
- Demonstrates ability to persuade, through logic and bottom-line reasoning
- Possesses exceptionally strong conceptual skills – can see the big picture and can translate it compellingly in writing and speech
- Talented at listening to the expressed needs and wants of others
- Uses skillful questioning to draw out information for diagnosing a situation
- Evaluates results and makes adjustments to achieve better business outcomes; learns from mistakes
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.