A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our around 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
In this role you manage a laboratory within Life Science, Process Solutions, Actives and Formulation R&D, in the field of nucleic acids delivery systems, especially non-viral delivery of RNA based therapies like e.g. liposomal drug formulation. Your tasks include the development of new product ideas for excipients and innovative drug delivery systems for nucleic acid based therapies. An add-on will be experience in the field of viral-vector based gene therapy. You will develop your ideas based on deep market knowledge, your strong understanding of industrial processes in this area, frequent interactions with customers as well as experts in this field. A strong focus will be on the execution of these tasks interactively with other R&D departments, Marketing and Sales as well as Senior Management.
The working field includes the evaluation of new project ideas incl. literature and patent searches, development of a project strategy for new technology and product developments, execution of projects in the lab together with your team members as well as presenting results to management boards. You are in charge of preparing research reports, recommend actions and give advice on the expansion or discontinuance of your projects.
In this role as a leader you coordinate and supervise the daily activities of your team to ensure the team effectiveness and the achievement of the objectives. You contribute to the motivation, performance and development of your team members through coaching and setting objectives.
Who you are:
- PhD in Pharmaceutical, Biopharmaceutical Sciences or related areas and profound job experience of min. 5 years in a leading role within a laboratory environment and substantial experience in supervising a team
- Comprehensive understanding of drug formulation techniques especially of non-viral nucleic acid formulation concepts and innovative approaches therefore. An add-on would be experience in viral drug delivery approaches.
- Project management skills and min. 5 years’ experience as a project lead
- In depth knowledge about pharma processes, drug development and especially formulation development in preclinical as well as clinical phases of nucleic acid based therapies and viral vector based gene therapy
- Fluent spoken and written German and English
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com