A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
In this role you will provide strategic impact by helping to define and lead activities supporting franchise KPI’s in revenue, margin and new product revenue. You will have direct reports and could be a lead in matrix teams.
You will also manage projects, coordinate activities, develop and present project proposals clearly in a well-organized manner. Both orally and in writing. You will develop and maintain on-going technical and market knowledge of factors affecting the product line, assist in analyzing markets for the life science research market addressing protein biology for use in life science and applied markets and applications. In addition, you will gather, collate, analyze, and disseminate market information relating to trends, size, technology, competitors, and pricing and translate to business plans and financial models. You will be expected to collaborate with R&D, market management and business development team to drive long-term vision planning and robust Product Roadmaps. It will also be necessary to partner with marketing communications colleagues to execute marketing tactics such as direct marketing, sales training, customer field visits, and web investments.
In this role you will build a culture of trust and business driven innovation. Work with internal organizations to solve on-going issues within the team. Communicate and lend guidance on day-to-day workflow and overcoming problems/barriers to completing projects.
- Ownership of Product Life Cycle Management for the Proteins & Enzymes Portfolio.
- Driver of initiatives in pursuit of superior customer experience around the selection and use of MilliporeSigma Protein & Enzymes products, including similar technologies used in Basic Research and select Applied Industries.
- Utilize Influence and leadership skills, especially of teams, both direct and cross-functional in scope
- Define scope and progress of work to the Head of the Franchise or other Senior Managers/stakeholders
Domestic/International travel up to 10%
Who you are:
- Bachelor's Degree in Biology or Chemistry or Life Science related field of study with
4+ years of experience in a leadership role in Life Science industry
- Master’s Degree with 1+ years of experience in Research, Operations or Marketing roles in the Life Science industry.
- Master’s degree in Business or Life Science field preferred
- Exhibit strong data analytics performance and use of business software tools.
- Previous experience managing projects involving small teams or direct staff.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.