A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our around 56,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Associate Sourcing Manager – Chemicals and Packaging
Department: Group Procurement – Sourcing Life Science
Associate Sourcing Manager “Chemicals” and “Packaging” is accountable for managing the 3rd party spend for chemical substances and packaging components for dedicated businesses within Life Science in alignment with global strategies. Associate Sourcing Manager works within the Sourcing Life Science team and with focus on chemicals and packaging and will report to the Head of Best Cost Country Sourcing and with dotted line to Head of Sourcing Packaging Life Science, both based in Switzerland.
Associate Sourcing Manager drives the development of its dedicated categories in the Asian region by executing global category strategies. Alignment with the internal stakeholders' requirements, strategies and demand ensures to leverage the supply market for best potential outcome for company.
- Analyze demand, identify optimization potential internally as well as on the supply markets to define and execute sourcing initiatives
- Coordinate and execute local/regional sourcing initiatives
- Manage and develop a dedicated portfolio of suppliers in China for materials used in domestic and non-domestic sites
- Define and implement efficiency and value add processes
- Drive supplier management activities such as negotiations and contracting, supplier qualification, accompany supplier audits, conduct supplier business reviews and evaluations
- Support global market research requests
- Follow-up local market and EHS developments, leverage knowledge and share it with the global team
- Establish and manage network to internal stakeholders
Who you are:
- At least 3 years of Strategic Sourcing experience on raw material markets (esp. Chemicals) and/or sourcing packaging in a relevant industries
- Extensive Chinese supply market knowledge
- Ability to successfully manage projects with local/regional scope and impact
- Professional negotiation and sourcing skills
- Professional communication and presentation skills to interface between internal stakeholders and suppliers
- Formal training: B.S., M.S., MBA or equivalent
- 2-5 years of experience in relevant industries
- Experience to work in global teams
- Fluency in English and Chinese required, any other language is a plus
- Travel requirement: approx. 10% of time
Job location: Nantong, China
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com