A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our around 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Location: Electronic City, Bangalore
- Experience 4-8 years
- Responsible for implementation and support of the Enterprise Hadoop environment(added advantage if HDP 3 is known).
- Involves designing, capacity arrangement, cluster set up, performance fine-tuning, monitoring, structure planning, scaling and administration.
- The administrator consultant will work closely with infrastructure, network, database, business intelligence and application teams to ensure business applications are highly available and performing within agreed on service levels.
- Need to implement concepts of Hadoop eco system such as YARN, MapReduce, HDFS, HBase, Zookeeper, Pig and Hive.
- good knowledge on ITIL process and procedure.
- Accountable for storage, performance tuning and volume management of Hadoop clusters and MapReduce routines.
- In command of setup, configuration and security for Hadoop clusters using Kerberos.
- Monitor Hadoop cluster connectivity and performance.
- Manage and analyse Hadoop log files.
- File system management and monitoring.
- Develop and document best practices
- HDFS support and maintenance.
- Setting up new Hadoop users.
- Responsible for the new and existing administration of Hadoop infrastructure.
- Include DBA Responsibilities like data modelling, design and implementation, software installation and configuration, database backup and recovery, database connectivity and security.
- should be good in scripting for automating the repeated task.
- should have good knowledge in Linux.
- Should be self motivated and proactive.
- Physical presence in primary work location (Bangalore)
- Flexible to work CEST and US EST time zones (according to team rotation plan)(willing to work in rotation shift in future if any such requirement comes up)
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com