A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 56,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
The Content Development Manager/Scientist is responsible for writing content and leading the content development for print and digital communication channels in collaboration with the global campaign management teams. Responsible for writing brand-focused messaging and technical content covering a range of scientific technologies for the Life Science Reagents and Kits business, the Content Development Manager has the ability to digest complex scientific subject matter and communicate it in a clear and concise manner, using the appropriate “voice” for our customer segments, and to write scientific narratives from data obtained by R&D, product validation, and applications scientists. Other key job functions include: supporting sustainable business growth and thought leadership through developing effective scientific marketing content, implementing the global product marketing strategy and driving global MilliporeSigma messaging and positioning. The Content Development Manager may additionally manage internal and external service providers and editors supporting content development.
Fundamental attributes for the successful candidate include:
- Demonstrated superior writing, copyediting, proofreading and research skills
- A predisposition for healthcare/health science, biology, chemistry or related scientific field as evidenced by work experience or academic background
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative fashion with scientists as well as non-scientist stakeholders and project partners
- Familiarity with fundamental marketing communications tactics including e-marketing and website copy and other content
Who You Are:
- Bachelor's degree in a Life Sciences discipline such as; biology, biomedical sciences, pharmacy, etc. required. An advanced degree (MS, PhD) is highly preferred
- 3+ years of experience within a marketing OR product development environment
- 2+ years of experience developing, editing and/or publishing scientific content
- Experience working with Google Analytics and/or SEO principles and tools highly preferred
- Proficiency with MS Office applications, Adobe Acrobat, and project management software
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.