A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our around 56,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
The Genome Engineering and Modulation (GEM) Franchise is a business unit situated within the Genome Engineering and Novel Modalities (GENM) Promise Venture. GENM seeks to apply genome engineering technologies to research through novel therapeutic modalities.
The Head of Regional Business - APAC works as senior leader within the GEM team, predominantly responsible for being the single point of contact for the Asia Pacific Region supporting the commercial success of the GEM business unit. We are seeking an individual with strong business acumen, proven sales and business development agility in the functional genomics space, with a demonstrated ability to harness relationships internally to indirectly influence sales teams.
- Single point of contact for support, technical, and operational needs of region.
- Integrate and collaborate with sales leaders to ensure they are fully supported to enable sales of GEM portfolio
- Develop dashboard for reporting meaningful key regional performance indicators including opportunity funnel, forecasting, initiatives, and activity
- Manage, develop and effectively leverage key commercial channels and KOL relationships
- Ensure continuous process improvement and commercial process optimiziation, in collaboration with global commercial team(s)
- Facilitate and support the effective utilization of contact management systems such as SFDC and associated functions
- Regularly compile and communicate market feedback, voice of customer and competitive intelligence facilitating deep customer insights
- Implement region-specific roll-out of global sales training programs to ensure commercial effectiveness
- Collaborate with Product Management, Marketing and Commercial Development organizations across organization to ensure effectiveness of internal and external collateral material used by commercial teams
- Other activities to support business needs as required
Who you are:
- This is a remote / home office environment opportunity with up to 40% travel.
- 5+ Years of industry experience, in project management and process improvement areas
- Fluency in English, both oral and written is essential; additional languages (German or French) would be advantageous
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to influence with indirect or no authority
- Ability to work with employees at all levels of the organization
- Self-starter with excellent organization skills
- Minimum of Bachelor's / Master's Degree in biological sciences, business and/or related field
- Experienced certified green belt (Lean Six Sigma) is preferred
- Proven demonstration in application of Lean Six Sigma tools
- Knowledge of, or experience in commercial areas of: operations, sales, training, or business analytics would be beneficial
Functional Area: Commercial
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com