A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 56,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
In the role of Field Service Engineer (FSE), you will be responsible for the installation, repair, preventative maintenance and qualification/verification of water purification systems throughout Quebec and the Canadian Maritimes with the primary service concentration in the Montreal metro area. You will also be responsible to provide backup support to other Provinces as required. You will be provided with all necessary tools and resources to provide MilliporeSigma's customers with Best-in-Class customer service and support. FSEs operate under minimal supervision within their geographic territory and enjoy being home-based.
- You will be required to work independently and proactively manage your time in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- You will work with the internal support groups within MilliporeSigma (Sales, Technical Services, Logistics, Customer Service and others) to provide the highest level of customer satisfaction to MilliporeSigma’s customers.
- You will be responsible for making all customer contact regarding scheduling and completion of all work within the service territory. Scheduling and completion of service visits will be required in the time frame mandated by service organization norms and protocols.
- You will ensure proper administration and management of the territory workload as well as properly document service call completion, capture trend analysis and provide appropriate documentation to customers.
- You will be responsible for promoting MilliporeSigma consumables, services, capital upgrades and accessories to all customers; encouraging the growth of Millipore Sigma's Field Service business unit.
- You will work independently with limited supervision and in an established team setting.
- Routine overnight travel in assigned region. Overnight frequency is approximately 35%.
Who you are:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Valid driver’s license with ability to drive company vehicle.
- 1+ years of field service experience with Electro-Mechanical devices.
- 1+ years of experience working with Microsoft Office.
- 1 + years of experience working with PC Device connections and Network settings, including but not limited to: serial port and USB connections, resource selection and IP address settings.
- 1+ years of experience in testing, repairing and maintaining capital equipment.
- 1+ years of experience working with mechanical and/or electronic equipment, computers, hand tools and/or service test equipment.
- Lifting of up to 50 pounds on occasion.
- Ability to travel outside your territory, including other Provinces and internationally depending on the District service loading, to support fellow engineers in other territories and to attend training.
- Technical degree in areas such as Plumbing, Electronics, Computer Repair or equivalent.
- Associates Degree in Engineering, Science or a related technical field.
- Experience with Reverse Osmosis and water purification technologies.
- Willing to work outside of normal business hours as business needs dictate, including willingness to work overtime as required.
- Effective communication and customer service skills are essential with the ability to deliver “Best in class” customer satisfaction.
- Previous experience with credentialing vendors.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
Company is committed to accessibility in its workplaces, including during the job application process. Applicants who may require accommodation during the application process should speak with our HR Services team at 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday.