A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 56,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
The Customer Specific Pricing (CSP) Coach is responsible for coaching the Applied North America Sales Team on structuring customer specific pricing (CSP) agreements. In particular, the CSP Coach will be responsible for making recommendations on structure and pricing for CSP agreements and for coaching sales team members on the negotiation with the customer and the agreement implementation process. This role is both strategic and analytical, working with sales to drive better pricing agreement outcomes, higher margins and purchase volumes – ultimately gaining market share and achieving revenue goals.
- This role reports to the Head of Sales Enablement, Applied Solutions with dotted line accountability to the Global CSP Program Manager in the Global Pricing team.
- Location: St. Louis, MO or Burlington, MA preferred, but remote field-based will be considered.
- CSP Agreement-Level Pricing Guidance and Coaching: Collaborates with sales to create pricing agreements for high volume customers with annual spend over $500K as well as select smaller but strategic opportunity customers. Leverages pricing impact analysis to inform new CSP agreements and renewal of existing agreements. Makes recommendations on the structure and discount levels in CSP agreements based on insight into historical customer price and spend, customer segment and industry trends, product margins and strategic priorities in collaboration with the CSP Program Manager. Coaches sales on CSP process, B2B pricing implementation and agreement execution. Most importantly, provides sales with strategies and credible arguments to support the negotiation process and for driving customer acceptance of pricing agreements. Socializes and trains sales team on pricing agreement and negotiation best practices, as influenced/directed by the CSP program manager.
- CSP Program-Level Analysis: Analyzes CSP agreements in aggregate to understand pricing trends by product SKU, product hierarchy and customer segment in collaboration with the CSP Program Manager. Analyzes the potential impact of various CSP pricing strategies on profitability and sales volume. Responsible for measuring and evaluating the success of the implemented agreements relative to the business case initially negotiated at regular intervals and suggesting course correction. Monitors competitive, industry, and customer segment pricing trends in order to create competitively positioned CSPs. Provides sales and sales leadership with analysis of and recommendations for CSP pricing effectiveness, as influenced by the CSP program manager
- CSP Agreement Approvals: As part of the approval workflow, the CSP Pricing Coach reviews and approves pricing agreements when discount level is above seller and first line sales manager approval levels. Ensures pricing agreements are profitable and discount levels are justified.
- CSP Insights: Provides insights to Sales, Global and Regional Pricing Teams, and other pricing stakeholders to inform CSP pricing governance, pricing tools effectiveness, data stewardship, and CSP process improvement. Supports the design and implementation of technological tools and solutions for pricing effectiveness.s
- Drive successful, more profitable, higher volume CSP agreements with top customers.
- Contributes to price-stickiness through CSP renewals
- Has a pulse on pricing trends, market intelligence, opportunities for improvement to inform pricing strategy and pricing priorities
- Adhere to the guidelines and processes as defined and maintained by the Global CSP Program manager
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, marketing, statistics or economics.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in sales, pricing analytics, finance, or corporate strategy-based role in a B2B environment. Must have experience negotiating large-scale contracts. Life Science industry experience a plus.
- Data-driven with strong analytical skills, deriving insight from complex data sets and multiple data sources.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Excel and BI reporting tools. Experience with Tableau, SFDC and SAP preferred.
- Clear understanding of sales process and customer purchasing psychology.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with demonstrated ability to translate complex data into actionable strategies and tactics.
- Ability to influence and collaborate effectively with cross-functional partners including sales, marketing, strategy & operational teams
- Attention to detail and proven organizational and time management skills. Maintains SLAs on turnaround times.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.