A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 56,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Your Role: In this role as an Associate Manufacturing Scientist, you will be responsible for the manufacture of products for the Life Science business unit resulting in customer satisfaction, compliance with applicable governmental and environmental health agency regulations and achievement of internal production objectives. You will also partner with R&D and Tech Transfer to contribute to the successful development and manufacture of new products. Based in Temecula, California, the role will be based out of the Antibody Manufacturing Laboratories. You will work as part of a team of scientists reporting to the Antibody Manufacturing Supervisor.
You will need to have a basic knowledge of laboratory techniques such as buffer/media preparation, cell culture, large and small scale protein purification, Western Blotting, sterile and aseptic techniques. Experience with antibody purification and conjugation methods preferred. Additionally, the will need to have the following skills sets for this role.
- Ability to multi-task and meet manufacturing production schedules while adhering to Quality, Safety and Regulatory requirements.
- Ability to write, edit, and follow Standard Operating Procedures
- Ability to adapt to rapidly changing business circumstance and have the ability to thrive in a constantly changing business environment.
- Safely lift and carry 25 lbs. alone; push/pull/drag 75 lbs. with help.
- Stand for extended periods.
- Work in cold room environment.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Life Science discipline with 1+ year laboratory techniques experience
- 6+ months of experience of making buffers
- Good laboratory skills highly preferred
- Highly collaborative and team oriented, possessing good verbal and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of desktop computers and technical equipment
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.